Author Topic: Discretion when posting  (Read 2331 times)

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
Discretion when posting
« on: June 22, 2011, 12:00:03 PM »
Folks this is a call for a little more discretion when posting on the forum. We all know that our chosen pastime has it's risks. And we all accept and even sometimes celebrate them, especially when they are minor. However, there are some people out there who object to our presence and don't understand what  we're about. They are able to take information on the forum and twist it and use it out of context against us. So please refrain from posting publicly about injuries and offs.

Similarly, we should not be using the jumps and freeride areas, so please, no posts suggesting that we are using them.

Thanks for your co-op folks.  :)

Dom

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
Re: Discretion when posting
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 01:52:29 PM »
I know this is a temporary situation we're in, but I do think we need to be careful that we don't talk ourselves into the mindset that we're doing something clandestine or illegal. Because we're not.
Mariner.

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 02:31:43 PM »
I know this is a temporary situation we're in, but I do think we need to be careful that we don't talk ourselves into the mindset that we're doing something clandestine or illegal. Because we're not.

I agree!  >:( it's not like WE go creeping around the undergrowth armed with cameras!

muth

• Clyne Rider
  • Porker
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 08:20:48 PM »
Has it really come to this!

If i fall off my bike and get injured, it is my own, or my bike s ;) Fault! not anyone elses!

I'm just doing something i enjoy?

What Happens if someone falls of a horse in Clyne?

Dave

Pete

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 09:16:12 PM »
Or if a rambler falls and twists their ankle/breaks a leg...This is just down to the fact that its a public board which the public can see so we dont want to give thm an angle to be able to turn anything against us.

Oh, Andy, I`m often seen creeping through bushes with a camera ;)
Member of the "Clyne Riders: self-preservation society"

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 05:00:19 PM »

Oh, Andy, I`m often seen creeping through bushes with a camera ;)

You just totally creeped me out!!  :-";

Jon

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 05:10:36 PM »
Andy, are you that bored that you are searching through two month old threads?  ???
Slower than the speed of dark

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 09:23:07 PM »
It would seem I've had a senior moment!! ::)  :-[

Sometimes my phone moves the screen as I tap on something, taking me into the wrong thing. I guess that's what's happened!? Doesn't explain why I didn't spot it wasnt a current conversation!!  :-[  Got to go. Nursie's brought me tea.