Author Topic: Names  (Read 1309 times)

Kezwald

• Shoat
Names
« on: May 09, 2010, 07:12:09 PM »
Hi guy's I'm new to the area but I have been riding the trail that leads from the bridge over the cycle track, to the river and follows it to the tunnel, have you guys got a 'name' for the tracks?
I have seen the 'red' and 'black' tracks mentioned somewhere on the site.....
Have also done what I believe to be the 'downhill' bit that leads to the lake....
Having great fun exploring the area.....cant stop grinnin! ;D ;D ;D

Bils

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
  • Dig for Victory
    • Clyne Riders
Re: Names
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 07:41:01 PM »
Hi guy's I'm new to the area but I have been riding the trail that leads from the bridge over the cycle track, to the river and follows it to the tunnel, have you guys got a 'name' for the tracks?
I think the one you're talking about is is 'The Horse Shoe'. It's a great bit of trail/trails and can be ridden in both directions. Our current favoured route is to ride from the bridge around the Quarry, turn right, 'up traverse' until the steep dh section then turn around, push back up the dh section (there is also a lazy option here) and then - the best bit - ride that section back to the place where you turned right and head down to the river and back to the tunnel.
Have also done what I believe to be the 'downhill' bit that leads to the lake....
Millers Crossing... starts above another old Quary
Having great fun exploring the area.....cant stop grinnin! ;D ;D ;D
next one to find is Muddy Erks.
Enjoy  :)
Maybe, just maybe, one bike isn't enough after all