Author Topic: Surrey Hills first day of spring ride - Saturday 21st & Sunday 22nd of March.  (Read 194 times)

Justin_R

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
Going to my favourite bolt hole to ride on the first weekend in spring if anyone fancies it. Probably stay at the YHA on Holmbury as we did once before. 

Plan is to ride Holmbury Hill, Pitch Hill/Winterfold on the Saturday, meeting up with some peeps I know. Then ride Redlands on the Sunday.

Richardgarner1

• Wild boar
Could be tempted, I'll check with work and see what's on that weekend and get back to u.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
Hopefully. Got my checkup monday, will work out when I can start signing up for riding stuff again after that.
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells (possibly)

Justin_R

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
Okay Rich, let me know. You'll like the riding there a lot, especially Redlands.

How's the hand feeling at the moment, Tristan? Have you dived full on into running now as a result?

Jon

• Wild boar
Itís Motherís Day. But i donít have a mother so I must be able to join this trip, right? 🤔

Will check with the bosses.
Slower than the speed of dark

Richardgarner1

• Wild boar
Itís Motherís Day. But i donít have a mother so I must be able to join this trip, right?

Will check with the bosses.
That'll be a problem. Probably won't be able to come then.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
Mothers day will be booked for me too. ::) 

Justin_R

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
Well, those of you doing the Mothering Sunday thing could just come and ride the Saturday. I'm trying to organise a big ride with a whole bunch of people for that day. Could be fun. Stay down Saturday night, leave early Sunday.
I'm aiming to get 30 plus for the ride. That is if you lot make an effort... 😎😉

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
How's the hand feeling at the moment, Tristan? Have you dived full on into running now as a result?
Hand feels all right, in a cast since surgery so should get a better idea when they put a new cast on next Monday. I'm going to try persuade them that they don't need to put another cast on so I can get back earlier!

Would do running properly but I still can't run very far or fast without shin pain coming back, so that's not much of an option. Also, as I found out yesterday, it's quite difficult to keep the cast dry when it's pissing down!
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells (possibly)

Justin_R

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
"I'm going to try persuade them that they don't need to put another cast on so I can get back earlier!"

And that's when you had four weeks to the recovery time.  ;D

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
Ha, will see what they reckon the risks are on Monday.

Justin_R

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
If anyone fancies this it's still going on.

Jon

• Wild boar
Iím keeping no my eye on it! 😁

Probably go down for the Saturday, just the day.
Slower than the speed of dark

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
Yea, I might just about be ready. Will see what tomorrow's cycle path ride feels like on the hand and make a decision then.