Author Topic: Hi Everyone  (Read 270 times)

tomh

• Piglet
Hi Everyone
« on: January 05, 2019, 08:43:04 PM »
Hi everyone,

Complete beginner here on a very old Boardman Hardtail I was gifted. Want to start trying out some of the local trails before investing in a new bike, I have a couple of friends who took me down afan about 4 years ago and I loved it so keen to get riding but just about know how to replace a tube. Would love to meet some of you, get to know you and pick your brains on trails/ bikes/ techniques. Will pay in beer and making people laugh with my stupidity and inevitable falls.

Cheers guys

Tom

Richardgarner1

• Wild boar
Re: Hi Everyone
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 10:06:07 PM »
Hi Tom, I was in the same situation as you a few years ago. Found myself a cheap hardtail and joined the Thursday night rides down clyne with the pigs. Great bunch of lads with skill levels varying from complete beginners to lunatics on bikes .  A good variety of trails that will definitely improve your skills.

Thursdays are pretty chilled, meet at the blackpill carpark 7:15 ish. This time of year you will need lights to ride(bought a cheap set off eBay which have done me well so far).

Plenty of info on the form, and any rides on the weekends tend to be organised on there too.

Hope to see you soon

Rich

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 10:19:31 PM »
making people laugh with my stupidity and inevitable falls.

You'll fit right in Tom, welcome!  ;) ;D

Keep an eye out for rides and just come along. Thursday night rides are a good place to start if you dont mind the added obstacle of darkness  ;) Thursday rides are relaxed and if there are trails you don't want to ride,  no one will mind.

Hope to see you out there ;)
Andy
« Last Edit: January 05, 2019, 11:59:25 PM by Pilau »

tomh

• Piglet
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 10:59:17 PM »
Thanks Andy & Rich

I will sort some lights and then come and join you. Looking forward to bending your ears!

Richardgarner1

• Wild boar
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 11:22:13 PM »
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F282793687117

These are similar to what I use, I wouldn't trust charging them over night or when you're not near by, but for dipping your toe into night riding without breaking the bank they do.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Justin_R

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 11:53:32 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Tom. See you on the trails! 👍

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 03:15:52 PM »
Hi Tom.  Great that you're getting into riding in one of the best areas around! Hopefully see you about.
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells (possibly)

tomh

• Piglet
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 11:41:39 AM »
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. The lights have been ordered so will be making an appearance soon :)

Paul

• Spider-pig
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2019, 05:18:43 PM »
Hi,welcome to the club.  8)
You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.