Author Topic: 110mm front hub. Non boost?  (Read 63 times)

gzeroproplus

• Weaner
110mm front hub. Non boost?
« on: September 14, 2018, 08:01:48 PM »
Why the fxxk can't everything just fit? Just bought some 29" wheels for my levo. Back fits fine, but the front despite being 110mm, the ends of the hubs where the over sized spacer goes on and sits in the fork is 10mm as opposed to 5mm on my specialized hubs. Any ideas before I start throwing things out the garden.

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
Re: 110mm front hub. Non boost?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 11:47:39 AM »
Why the fxxk can't everything just fit? Just bought some 29" wheels for my levo. Back fits fine, but the front despite being 110mm, the ends of the hubs where the over sized spacer goes on and sits in the fork is 10mm as opposed to 5mm on my specialized hubs. Any ideas before I start throwing things out the garden.
I can't picture what you're describing. Sounds like it's a standard 100mm hub with a 10mm spacer on the right side of the hub. But that's a converted 29 wheel not a boost 29 wheel and you're losing some of the advantages of boost: stronger wheels and possibly stiffer hub assembly (the latter may not be noticeable though) But that all said, it should still fit? ???

gzeroproplus

• Weaner
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 08:13:01 PM »
Figured it out now, well Justin did. The hub is 110mm, but didn't have the torque caps. The hub isn't purely designed for torque caps as where they would sit flush is actually 10mm deep instead of 5mm. I'm only going to use these more for road/country riding anyhow, so running without won't make any noticeable difference.
There are 5mm caps on eBay for 7, so I could just double them up to make it easier to install the wheel.

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 08:41:30 AM »
Nope, still doesn't make sense!!  :D :D :D :D Correct tactic, get an expert on it! Glad you're fixed though.

gzeroproplus

• Weaner
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2018, 07:25:43 PM »
I know, kind of hard to explain.