Author Topic: Rear tyre choice.  (Read 188 times)

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
Re: Rear tyre choice.
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2018, 12:07:11 PM »
Cool - you can guinea pig them for us!
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells (possibly)

gzeroproplus

• Weaner
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2018, 01:55:07 PM »
Just got a brand new one from wheelies for 43 after a customer didn't want them on his new bike. Happy days.

Richardgarner1

• Spider-pig
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2018, 09:36:13 PM »
Tyre arrived and fitted, can definitely tell the difference in how strong the side walls are. Snapped 2 tyre levers getting it on and even deflated it could support the weight of the bike without looking flat. Wouldn't want to have to try and remove it on the trail but hopefully I won't need to.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Richardgarner1

• Spider-pig
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2018, 10:01:25 PM »
Quick update for those who are interested, first ride on the DHR 2 and what a difference. Much more grip than the Nobby Nic and feels more stable too. Can't really tell much difference in the weight and I managed a whole ride without a puncture lol.

I'm in two minds about ditching the magic Mary on the front now too. Seems a bit too aggressive for normal riding conditions but winter is fast approaching so my be better through the clyne slop.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Justin_R

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2018, 10:29:18 AM »
Nice one Richard. I've always liked Maxxis, especially the DHF and DHR II. I'm trying different tyres now, Michelin. A Michelin Wild Enduro Front and a Rock'R Enduro rear. Hope to try them out on the weekend when my lurgy (hopefully) clears...