Author Topic: Sun 5th Aug Smilog  (Read 128 times)

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
Sun 5th Aug Smilog
« on: August 03, 2018, 09:41:28 PM »
Thinking of hitting Smilog Sun if anyones about.
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells (possibly)

Steve ;)

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
  • Pinkbike : Angus-4 ..... Instagram ANGUS27
Re: Sun 5th Aug Smilog
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 06:06:06 PM »
Would normally say yes but the Mumbles Daft Raft Race is on so Iím hitting the Woods in the morning then heading down to watch the chaos

Have fun
Planning on living forever .... So far so good !!

Andre

• Spider-pig
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 07:34:52 PM »
I'm  in. What time are we leaving. I can take my car.

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 11:48:32 PM »
Think the plans to leave Swans around 9.  Was planning on getting a lift with Kris but could see if he fancies
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells (possibly)

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2018, 08:00:23 AM »
For those coming, here's a map of where we're parking.

https://goo.gl/maps/LGwK3rRgkXk

Justin_R

• Clyne Rider
  • Spider-pig
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 11:37:56 AM »
How was Smilog then? Discover any new trails with beyond vertical rock faces?  8)

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2018, 12:38:48 PM »
Smilog was the best!  Didn't find the super steep track (M4 i think), but spoke to someone who didn't know left from right but had a good idea of where the tracks are so I think I know where it is for next time.

We all did a tricky long jump at the bottom of one of the medium steep ones and probably had my best run of Switchback (probably the only first run of it i've had where i didn't crash!).

Found a few other loamy ones too.  Hopefully head back up again soon. Obviously we'll aim for a day when you're working again!

Justin_R

• Clyne Rider
  • Spider-pig
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2018, 10:26:54 PM »
I bet you would too! :D I'm goung to get a bloody office job like you. All weekends off. I'm sure you'd help me if I don't know how to computer. 😎

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 01:26:06 PM »
My basic repertoire of skills with a computer consists of restarting it when stuff doesn't work and then shouting at it with increasing volume culminating in physical abuse where needed.

If you've got that down you're pretty much there.