Author Topic: New member  (Read 73 times)

Harryowz

• Piglet
« on: July 23, 2018, 08:32:50 AM »
Hi all! New to the forum - do I just turn up Thursdays to go for a ride? Havenít been up clyne for years how difficult are the trails you tend to go on? Thanks

Richardgarner1

• Spider-pig
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 10:25:04 AM »
Hi harryowz,

Yeah just turn up Thursday at the bottom of clyne  cycle track in the blackpill car park. Usually meet 7:15 ish, some come earlier and head up to the trails called the trenches, if you can't find anyone in the car park head to the pond about 1/4 mile up the cycle track and the trenches are on your right. All the trails can be completed on a xc hardtail without to much difficulty, i spent my first year riding them on mine. Hope to see u soon

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Harryowz

• Piglet
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 10:34:42 AM »
Ok Rich top man 👍🏼

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 10:35:39 AM »
Hey.  Yea, like Rich said, just come along on Thurs and we'll show you round.

Dom put together an overview of what to expect on the Thurs ride here:http://www.mtbpigs.org.uk/forum/index.php?topic=1536.0
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells (possibly)

Harryowz

• Piglet
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2018, 10:43:39 AM »
Lovely stuff! Do you need to be a member of this site to come? Or could some friends tag along if interested?

Rob.T

• Wild boar
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2018, 10:47:15 AM »
Hi there! Welcome to the rabble

We do other rides and types at the weekend too, but Thursday's more regular and a pint afterwards.
See you on the trails

Richardgarner1

• Spider-pig
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2018, 10:49:13 AM »
Lovely stuff! Do you need to be a member of this site to come? Or could some friends tag along if interested?
The more the merrier.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Rob.T

• Wild boar
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2018, 10:49:37 AM »

No, anyone can come along.
We also arrange dig days to keep the trail running smooth, just keep an eye on the forum and turn up if you can.

Harryowz

• Piglet
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2018, 10:50:48 AM »
Ok lovely thanks 👍🏼

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2018, 01:41:21 PM »
We are just a collection of friends and acquaintances who ride together. Not a formal club. Nothing formally organised. The only thing we insist on is a helmet. As we can't throw you out of a club that doesn't exist, if you turn up without one we'll just throw sticks at you  ;D
Welcome to the forum - I hope I've set an appropriate scene  ::)

Harryowz

• Piglet
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2018, 02:13:56 PM »
sounds terrific! Yeah I like my head the way it is 👌🏼