Author Topic: Fox rp2 oil leak.  (Read 182 times)

gzeroproplus

• Weaner
Fox rp2 oil leak.
« on: June 11, 2018, 09:45:43 PM »
The fox rp2 shock on my boys bike has just dumped a pool of oil on the floor. Looks like it's come from the propedal lever and rebound knob. Easy fix, or off to a service centre?

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
Re: Fox rp2 oil leak.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 09:15:02 AM »
Buy a hardtail?!
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells (possibly)

gzeroproplus

• Weaner
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 12:05:20 PM »
I'll pass that message on to my boy, so don't be surprised if he's a little frosty next time he's out. Just posted to silverfish(mojo) as they can do it within a week, and same price as others.

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 12:16:37 PM »
Cool, yea, i'll do most stuff on a bike but haven't braved a shock yet so can't offer any actual advice.

Need to work out what i've broken on my reverb too thinking about it.  Need the dropper!
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells (possibly)

gzeroproplus

• Weaner
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 02:19:22 PM »
Not just a cable then. I have a few inner gear cables if you are stuck.

Richardgarner1

• Spider-pig
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 07:13:54 PM »
I got a bleed kit if u need one Tristan.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Brendawg

• Wild boar
  • Where's my rock/ sledgehammer?
    • That crash from Snowdon
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 09:48:51 PM »
Cool, yea, i'll do most stuff on a bike but haven't braved a shock yet so can't offer any actual advice.

Need to work out what i've broken on my reverb too thinking about it.  Need the dropper!

I know you're allergic to maintenance, but a reverb is fairly easy to service. Let me know if you need a hand.
The fleet;
2012 Orange Five
DMR Drone of unknown vintage - The Stealth Bomber

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 09:59:34 PM »
Cheers for the offers folks.  I've got bleed kit for reverb so good there.  I should add that its not a maintenance issue for a change.  I ripped the hose out of the lever in a crash on Sun.  Checked the damage tonight and it looks like it's stripped the thread from the barb but nothing more serious.  So will get a new barb and hopefully that's good.

gzeroproplus

• Weaner
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2018, 10:13:24 PM »
Excellent news, though it was pretty funny watching you coming up that hill with your seat down.

Richardgarner1

• Spider-pig
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 12:06:24 AM »
Have you seen the cable conversion kit for the reverb. Lever is similar to the 1 by rockshox one but gets rid of the hydraulic lines.

https://www.mtbriders.co.uk/components/130-wolf-tooth-reverb-remote.html

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2018, 12:58:18 PM »
Yea, it is tempting.  But the difference between 90 to 7 fix makes it hard for me to go for the cable yet.  I'll probably just carry on with this one until it dies then get a dropper that comes with a cable by default.