Author Topic: Loamworld Sunday 10th June  (Read 234 times)

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
Loamworld Sunday 10th June
« on: June 08, 2018, 11:31:14 AM »
There was talk yesterday of going up Loamworld on Sunday.  Not sure on times etc but should be awesome!
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells (possibly)

gzeroproplus

• Weaner
Re: Loamworld Sunday 10th June
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 02:51:07 PM »
I'd not heard of this place, but good ole YouTube showed some good looking trails. Pontardawe? I've got no plans all weekend, but couldn't do early Sunday morning, unless every Swansea pub has run dry.

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 05:33:04 PM »
Yea, that way abouts.  Not sure what time as it was some others that were organising.  But midday seems likely. 

There's 2 different places to park, will send you the google location.  As they are unofficial trails I try to avoid posting the location publicly  (although they're probably well known enough by now that doesn't make much difference).
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells (possibly)

gzeroproplus

• Weaner
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 06:25:53 PM »
Thank you. I'm out on the bike tomorrow, and into town for a few beers later, so I'll see how things go. It's only 20 mins from me

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 09:46:59 PM »
Nothing better for curing a hangover than throwing yourself down steep stuff!

gzeroproplus

• Weaner
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 10:08:05 PM »
I've done my fair share of throwing the following day, just not the biking variety.

Andre

• Spider-pig
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2018, 03:34:39 PM »
I'm up to for a ride in Loamworld.
What time are you (Tristan) leaving swansea?

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2018, 05:03:11 PM »
Aiming to get to Loamworld for 12.  Going to park on the layby at the end of the tracks.

gzeroproplus

• Weaner
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2018, 08:28:08 PM »
I've got a spare space on my rack if anyone is going from Swansea.

gzeroproplus

• Weaner
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2018, 06:41:24 PM »
Fucking mental. Please excuse the language, but sat in a beer garden recollecting on todays ride, that's how to sum it up. Once again a big thanks to the guys for the sighting beforehand, and giving me the confidence to ride mostly everything

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2018, 09:46:44 PM »
Glad you enjoyed.  There's so much good stuff in Wales currently!

Check that video over if you're able.  I want to see what threw me!  Aching now!

gzeroproplus

• Weaner
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2018, 10:29:56 PM »
One step ahead of you, there was a caterpillar that walked out in front of you just before you lost it.

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2018, 09:57:45 AM »
Well I hope it got its just desserts!

gzeroproplus

• Weaner
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2018, 04:26:28 PM »
Forgot about that bloody caterpillar, it was at least 18 inches long.
Looks like you went off to the right, then it threw you to the left. I'll see if I can download it onto my laptop for a better look. Most of the days footage is of us all talking between the trails, and then the whole time my helmet was in the back of my car. Think I'll use the voice control instead of fumbling around next time.

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2018, 09:21:46 AM »
Hahaha, sounds like some great footage.  Couldn't you just take your helmet off at the start of each run to make sure you've set the vid going right?