Author Topic: Forum and website hosting costs 2018 - 2021  (Read 139 times)

Dom

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
Forum and website hosting costs 2018 - 2021
« on: April 29, 2018, 11:48:45 PM »
Sorry for the duplicated post - wouldn't mind people seeing this though:

Hi all

I just paid our latest forum hosting bill, £194.00 for the next three years. It's gone up since last time, but still OK value at about £65 per year for reasonable-quality reliable hosting.

I did a straw poll of a few members before renewing to check people still felt the forum was wanted, unanimous opinion among those consulted was yes.

Back in the day we used to give Bils £5 a year 'membership fee' which went towards hosting, we haven't done that for a good while now (although we have had some ad hoc funding calls for web-related costs). So if you think it's reasonable to bung me a tenner or so towards the next three years' costs then that would be much appreciated!

If you want to contribute, you can Paypal me at 'domparkes *AT* talktalk *DOT* net' or give me cash when you see me if you prefer. Whatever amount works for you. Thanks to those who have already contributed. I will of course pay my own fair share.

Cheers
Dom
Mariner.

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
Re: Forum and website hosting costs 2018 - 2021
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 10:49:57 AM »
Cheers Dom. Some dosh winging its way to you.

David

• Clyne Rider
  • Porker
  • A Swede and a Bird...
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 10:57:01 AM »
Cheers Dom! Turns out my Swedish paypal account wont accept a UK payment card. ::)

I'll just give you a tenner next Thursday if that's OK.

Jon

• Wild boar
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 12:52:50 PM »
Cheers Dom! Turns out my Swedish paypal account wont accept a UK payment card. ::)

Neither will mine. Ahem! Iíll give you some cash when I see you - pesetas or Kenyan shillings?
Slower than the speed of dark

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2018, 01:39:20 PM »
Sounds like a scam!
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells (possibly)

David

• Clyne Rider
  • Porker
  • A Swede and a Bird...
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2018, 01:49:24 PM »
Sounds like Paypal's preparing for Brexit to me!

Christares

• Porker
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2018, 04:46:02 PM »
Catch you Thursday if you're out Dom.

Bils

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
  • Dig for Victory
    • Clyne Riders
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2018, 04:56:02 PM »
Just zapped £15 to you through Paypal... just in case I don't see you in the next thee years  :-[
Maybe, just maybe, one bike isn't enough after all

Dom

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2018, 10:11:32 PM »
Much appreciated all those who have chipped in so far, thank you. And also thanks to those promising to give me cash when they see me next ("cheque's in the post mate!"   ;) )

If you use the forum fairly regularly and haven't chipped in then it would be really helpful if you could - we don't have any funding sources other than users' ad hoc contributions and unfortunately some of this stuff does cost to keep it going. It only takes 19 users (including me) to chip in a tenner and we're sorted for another three years - I'm sure we can manage that. Some have actually chipped in more than a tenner (thank you), but just go with what you can reasonably afford, it all helps.

Ta
Dom
Mariner.

Dom

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2018, 10:43:42 AM »
Further thanks to further contributors last night, definitely getting there with regard to covering the cost of the next three years' website/forum hosting (which I've paid up front).

If you use the forum, want it to continue and can spare a few quid (a tenner for three years 'Pigs membership' doesn't seem too bad to me, but even a fiver would really help) then it would be great if you can chip in - I'm open to cash when you see me or Paypal on: domparkes AT talktalk DOT NET

In the (seemingly unlikely) event of any accidental surplus, this will be put into the trail maintenance tools fund that benefits all riders.

THANKS!
Dom
Mariner.