Author Topic: MTB Pigs Forum and website hosting costs 2018-2021  (Read 265 times)

Dom

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
MTB Pigs Forum and website hosting costs 2018-2021
« on: April 29, 2018, 11:47:47 PM »
Hi all

I just paid our latest forum hosting bill, 194.00 for the next three years. It's gone up since last time, but still OK value at about 65 per year for reasonable-quality reliable hosting.

I did a straw poll of a few members before renewing to check people still felt the forum was wanted, unanimous opinion among those consulted was yes.

Back in the day we used to give Bils 5 a year 'membership fee' which went towards hosting, we haven't done that for a good while now (although we have had some ad hoc funding calls for web-related costs). So if you think it's reasonable to bung me a tenner or so towards the next three years' costs then that would be much appreciated!

If you want to contribute, you can Paypal me at 'domparkes *AT* talktalk *DOT* net' or give me cash when you see me if you prefer. Whatever amount works for you. Thanks to those who have already contributed. I will of course pay my own fair share.

Cheers
Dom
Mariner.

Rob.T

• Wild boar
Re: MTB Pigs Forum and website hosting costs 2018-2021
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 09:36:41 AM »
Thanks for doing this Dom, I'll chuck you some squids when I see you.

Christares

• Porker
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 10:08:17 AM »
Drop you some cash when I catch you on Thursday, thanks for doing this Dom.

Bils

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
  • Dig for Victory
    • Clyne Riders
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 05:31:14 PM »
Thanks Dom. I've just sent 15 through Paypal. Just incase I don't see you or another three years  :-[
Maybe, just maybe, one bike isn't enough after all

Dom

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 10:10:58 PM »
Much appreciated all those who have chipped in so far, thank you. And also thanks to those promising to give me cash when they see me next ("cheque's in the post mate!"   ;) )

If you use the forum fairly regularly and haven't chipped in then it would be really helpful if you could - we don't have any funding sources other than users' ad hoc contributions and unfortunately some of this stuff does cost to keep it going. It only takes 19 users (including me) to chip in a tenner and we're sorted for another three years - I'm sure we can manage that. Some have actually chipped in more than a tenner (thank you), but just go with what you can reasonably afford, it all helps.

Ta
Dom
Mariner.

Dom

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 10:43:57 AM »
Further thanks to further contributors last night, definitely getting there with regard to covering the cost of the next three years' website/forum hosting (which I've paid up front).

If you use the forum, want it to continue and can spare a few quid (a tenner for three years 'Pigs membership' doesn't seem too bad to me, but even a fiver would really help) then it would be great if you can chip in - I'm open to cash when you see me or Paypal on: domparkes AT talktalk DOT NET

In the (seemingly unlikely) event of any accidental surplus, this will be put into the trail maintenance tools fund that benefits all riders.

THANKS!
Dom
Mariner.

Aled

• Clyne Rider
  • Shoat
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 04:18:02 PM »
Hi Dom

I did pay pal you some money a few day ago. Just checking you got it

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dom

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2018, 02:18:40 PM »
Thank you Aled, very much appreciated. I've just checked my records and yes I did receive it, I should have acknowledged at the time so apologies must have slipped through the net.

Thanks again, all helps to keep the forum running and means we're sorted for the next 3 years

Dom
Mariner.

Dom

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2018, 02:20:19 PM »

dammit, missed my once-yearly opportunity last night to hold you to your word ;-)
Mariner.

Rob.T

• Wild boar
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2018, 10:28:00 PM »

dammit, missed my once-yearly opportunity last night to hold you to your word ;-)

Called around your place tonight with some cash, so you could take me off your most wanted list. Catch you soon..... 2019 maybe.  ::) ;)
Or next dig day if you're about.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 10:30:40 PM by Rob.T »

Dom

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2018, 12:31:10 PM »
Thank you Rob!

Did you actually leave any? (I'll have a hunt for it if so.) If not then I'm afraid the sepia-tinted poster with your mug-shot on it remains on my wall...  ;-)
Mariner.