Author Topic: Tignes bike park in the summer  (Read 1372 times)

Justin_R

• Clyne Rider
  • Spider-pig
Re: Tignes bike park in the summer
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2017, 09:52:49 PM »
I'm very interested.....how are you planning on getting there

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

I'll speak some more to Juri but the idea is to fly followed by a coach trip. I'll get back to you with some more details once I'm on my computer.

Justin_R

• Clyne Rider
  • Spider-pig
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2017, 09:53:41 PM »
Roughly when are you thinking of going, Justin?

Probably June or July.

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2018, 02:23:00 PM »
Dom, Andre and I hit up Tignes a few years ago when they first started trying to get people to go there for biking.  We went up there on our rest day and hit a few runs.  I think they probably have a few more runs there by now as I don't think there was a huge variation before.

Les Arcs isn't too far away if you fancy some variation whilst you're there too.  I'd suggest having a vehicle if possible though as it gives you options to get about.  Plus driving you get to bring more spares with you as weight limit isn't such an issue.

Thinking about it, it was on the way down from there that I bust my rib last summer!  So there's plenty of big mountain trail type stuff around there too, not just the park.  Emily, the forever branded guide, I think is based close by if you want some guided days.

I'd join but likely doing Whistler again next year so will struggle to afford both.
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells (possibly)

Gavin

• Clyne Rider
  • Shoat
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2018, 07:23:13 PM »
I'm interested, think I'll probably take the van though, good to have transport.  Les Arcs only 40 mins away, you'd love Axe Wound!.
On the Website  says Bike Park open 1st July - 1st September.

Justin_R

• Clyne Rider
  • Spider-pig
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2018, 08:22:11 PM »
Cool, thanks for the info Tristan.

Gav, if you're going I'm up for the vanning it option. If anyone else is interested message me your email so we can start putting prices together for the chalets and stuff.

Justin_R

• Clyne Rider
  • Spider-pig
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2018, 02:02:36 AM »
Juri has sent an email to those interested in the Tignes trip. Gav, Dom, Aled should all have received them with info on the accommodation and costing.

Andre

• Spider-pig
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2018, 08:16:24 PM »
I'm interested to join this trip. My plan is to go to Bike Village the week of 7 to 14 of July with my partner Sara for the female friendly week! and join you in Tignes for the following week, from 15 to 22 of July. I will take my car so I will have room to give a lift to someone back to Swansea or someone that want to join Bike Village.

Justin_R

• Clyne Rider
  • Spider-pig
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2018, 09:41:57 PM »
Nice one Andre.

Justin_R

• Clyne Rider
  • Spider-pig
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2018, 08:34:49 AM »
Tignes trip is coming up in a couple of weeks. Those that still intend on going let me know.

Can't wait for this!   ;D

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2018, 12:16:07 PM »
It's looking more likely that i'll be coming along.  Still to confirm but will let you know.

Make sure you've got your free EHIC and travel insurance booked!
www.ehic.org.uk
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells (possibly)