Author Topic: Cross Mountain October 2018  (Read 87 times)

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
Cross Mountain October 2018
« on: May 01, 2018, 11:16:41 AM »
Entries have opened for this. I think I'm going to do it again. I'm still trying to decide whether it's just slightly too rough for my 'gravel bike'  But for those of you with GBs with slightly wider tyres it's probably fine.  ;) Anyone interested?

Jon

• Wild boar
Re: Cross Mountain October 2018
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 11:53:32 AM »
Iíll enter again this year. I reckon I have the ideal bike! 😁 I rode it previously on a cross bike and didnít have too many problems. 😂

A hardtail of some kind is probably ideal, preferably a 29er. Lots of muddy mountainside, back-roads, etc but being a Matt Page event he throws stuff in to keep you on your toes. (Iíve ridden some of his cross races and wished for a 150mm full-sus!)

It had great cake stops btw. And itís a better event than Real Ale Wobble imo
Slower than the speed of dark

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 01:53:00 PM »
I’ll enter again this year. I reckon I have the ideal bike!  I rode it previously on a cross bike and didn’t have too many problems.
Cool!  8) Let me know when you're ready to enter and I'll do so at the same time.

(I’ve ridden some of his cross races and wished for a 150mm full-sus!)
  :D :D

It had great cake stops btw. And it’s a better event than Real Ale Wobble imo
I think for MTBing the RAW is usually a better course. But that's not what this event is. It's supposed to be do-able on cross bike so you would expect it to be less technical terrain really. Or do you mean the cake stops are better!?  ;D I did have fun on the RAW back in 2011 or something when I finished up blind drunk and nearly comatose in the back of someone's van hunting down a McDonalds! (which I don't remember eating).

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 02:02:37 PM »
IMO i'm not sure how much i trust Jons Opinion!
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells (possibly)