Author Topic: 30th Nov  (Read 880 times)

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
30th Nov
« on: November 30, 2017, 09:43:31 AM »
Anyone getting gnarly tonight?
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells (possibly)

Christares

• Porker
Re: 30th Nov
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 12:42:29 PM »
Heading up to Revolution tomorrow with Justin, very early start so will skip tonight, have fun in the dust.

David

• Clyne Rider
  • Porker
  • A Swede and a Bird...
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 01:17:54 PM »
I'm very stoked shredding some gnarly trails tonight. Let's send it, shall we?

Jon

• Wild boar
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 02:14:00 PM »
I've lost my gnar, but my lights are charged. Is that ok?
Slower than the speed of dark

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 02:43:46 PM »
Jon - Lets just say you're not any less welcome!

Maybe this can be the week we start doing the steep one down to the pond again.  Few runs of that and I daresay there will be gnar to share.  Possibly even a little radness.  For those that survive obviously.

Enjoy revs Chris.  Little bit jealous!  Shame it's you're not going the weekend as would have joined.
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells (possibly)

Dom

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 03:52:37 PM »
I'll be out shredding the gnarr so long as I can change my front brake over in time (the Llanwyrtyd mud appears to have broken it). Might possibly be out late, if so I'll come and find you. Or, if it goes really badly, I won't...

Go on Jon, you know you want to!
Mariner.

David

• Clyne Rider
  • Porker
  • A Swede and a Bird...
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 04:15:57 PM »
Oh yeah, speaking of breaks, anyone got a couple of drops of mineral oil for my rad SLX:es? Ordered oil myself, but it haven't arrived yet. Guess they need a proper bleed, but I think a quick trail-side top-up of the reservoir while gently kicking the hose will do for now. Just to be able to break. At least some.

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 04:55:30 PM »
Dave - I think you will struggle to top up the resevoirs on an SLX brake with just fluid to hand.  You don't take the caps off, you screw a syringe / weird hat-tube-thing into them.  I can't remember if it's directional too but sure the bleed is only supposed to happen from calliper to lever.  I do have mineral oil and the relevant syringes but it's in a litre bottle and i'm not carrying that around all night!

You can always come over my place first but i'm going food shopping after work and likely won't be home til 18:30ish.

Dom - if you're out late give me a call on my mob... oh wait...

Dom

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 05:13:12 PM »
Dave, I agree with Tristan I'm afraid, I can't see it ending well. Try winding out the lever reach a bit?
Mariner.

David

• Clyne Rider
  • Porker
  • A Swede and a Bird...
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 05:14:52 PM »
Tris, Dom, you're probably right, I was just thinking I could drop a few drops through the hole where you'd screw the weird hat-tube-thing in, just to reduce the amount of air a bit in the reservoir. I've seen it done on teh interwebz, but they were not using a litre bottle out in the pitch black woods! :)

Don't worry, the rear break is alright. Just makes everything a bit more exiting :D

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 05:24:13 PM »
I agree with Tristan I'm afraid
Well that's insulting!

Also, Dave, if you're going to struggle with braking we'll just do easy tracks.  I know a really dry one perfect for such occasions!

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 07:02:44 PM »
Have fun guys. I'm still out of action. I'm feeling a lot better just uncomfortable from where the shingles rash was.

Rob.T

• Wild boar
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2017, 11:36:32 PM »
Good news Andy.

You back on the commute yet?

Jon

• Wild boar
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2017, 07:46:37 PM »
Weird ride on Thursday! I felt as sluggish as it's possible to feel, and as mentioned no gnar at all, dudesters. Evidenced when I lost my bike riding out of the exit of Gavs DryEasy track and landed on my arse.

Then, after a very wobbly run down Millers, one of my lights turned off. Go home, my head, heart and arse said. The light turned on again.

Onto the seafront, I'm pedalling along slowly as my lights went into disco mode. Bar light flashing repeatedly. (It does this when out if charge, but should have had another two hours left.) And the helmet light just gave up.

Finally, having ridden along like I was in the Beegees, I got home and my key wouldn't unlock the front door.

I stayed on the cross bike in the daylight today. It's safer.  ;D
Slower than the speed of dark

David

• Clyne Rider
  • Porker
  • A Swede and a Bird...
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2017, 07:46:56 AM »
Ouch, one of those  days  :o You sure you were at the right house?  ;D

We had someone, by honest mistake Im pretty sure, walking straight into our hall yesterday. The dogs made sure he wont do that mistake again. I ran out to see who it was and he was pretty chocked!