Author Topic: Real Ale Wobble  (Read 288 times)

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
Real Ale Wobble
« on: November 05, 2017, 07:30:46 AM »
Anyone wobbling this year? Sat 18th.

Rob.T

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
Re: Real Ale Wobble
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 08:14:37 AM »
I'm planning to be there Saturday.

Jon

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2017, 09:04:12 AM »
I can't find a web-page, just an out of date FB page. What time does it start, how much etc? (IT incompetence to be blamed on lack of sleep....)
Slower than the speed of dark

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 07:17:04 PM »
https://www.green-events.co.uk/?raw_main

::)

Astonishingly difficult to find and a really shit site!

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2017, 08:07:22 PM »
I've booked  8) save myself a fiver eh?  ;)

Jon

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 09:38:05 PM »
Ta Andy, I found it an hour ago, via the FB link.

Rob.T

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 06:18:44 PM »
Great ride, bad conditions. We nearly all suffered hyperthermia; worth it though for some great descents. Thank Dom Tristan and Curt for the company.

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 08:37:20 PM »
With respect to the Wobble, I can't understand what the term "bad conditions" means? ??? Did they run out of beer? Or ..... was it ..... sunny?!?!!! :o

Hope you all had a great day. I'm still joined to the sofa  :( So assuming that I  wouldn't make it was a good call.  ::)

Jon

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 08:55:37 PM »
They seem to pride themselves on making people ride through waterlogged trails. I remember riding along a stream when I did it two years ago. That's the only trail I remember in the whole event. And I just noticed a post on FB showing a jokey picture of someone riding down a flooded road.

They can't help the weather, but they can design a course that doesn't involve being ankle deep in water. That's why I wasn't bothered about riding it in this weather. The few sips of beer doesn't make up for the hypothermised feet! :)

Tristan

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 03:24:31 PM »
I think they're trying to add to the whole "this is ridiculous feel" of the event.  And this year ankle deep water was the shallow stuff!

Still, there were some amazing descents this year.  The last one I think had parts that wouldn't have been out of place on a black run!

Cheers to the rest of the gang for the company.
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 03:05:10 PM »
They seem to pride themselves on making people ride through waterlogged trails. I remember riding along a stream when I did it two years ago. That's the only trail I remember in the whole event. And I just noticed a post on FB showing a jokey picture of someone riding down a flooded road.

They can't help the weather, but they can design a course that doesn't involve being ankle deep in water. That's why I wasn't bothered about riding it in this weather. The few sips of beer doesn't make up for the hypothermised feet! :)
I must admit I don't think I really like putting my bike through complete submersion but I get that long before I started doing the RAW it was always known as a watery event and to some, that's part of the attraction, so I guess they don't try to avoid the water.

Jon

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 06:58:20 PM »
I must point out that I enjoyed the day, but I'm in no hurry to go back unless it's a dry July heatwave type of day. ;D

Rob.T

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2017, 12:02:01 AM »
I must point out that I enjoyed the day, but I'm in no hurry to go back unless it's a dry July heatwave type of day. ;D

Ah, bloody fair weather riders!

Tristan

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2017, 10:19:46 AM »
Given that the entirely theoretical dry July heatwave type day has never been experienced in July, let alone November, i think that you may be waiting some time!

Still, there were some technical descents on the course this year so regardless of weather you'd have hated it Jon!
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2017, 11:32:40 PM »
As it happens https://www.green-events.co.uk/?scc_main  8)