Author Topic: Thursday 2nd November  (Read 148 times)

Christares

• Clyne Rider *
  • Porker
Thursday 2nd November
« on: November 02, 2017, 10:17:00 AM »
Looking good for dry trails tonight, who's out?

Tristan

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
Re: Thursday 2nd November
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 10:57:06 AM »
Yea, i'll be out.  Dry trails though?  I think possibly you need reminding that you're not supposed to have a few at the pub until after we've been riding!
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells

Christares

• Clyne Rider *
  • Porker
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 11:16:53 AM »
I was referring to the Clyne Dryness Scale (CDS), which is a different metric, however I have been drinking, must remember my 'after not before' mantra.

Tristan

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 12:47:21 PM »
Ahh, good point.  I guess in that case we can consider it positively parched!  Unlike yourself evidently.

When you recite you mantra, try be aware that "not" isn't pronounced "and".
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells

Brendawg

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
  • Where's my rock/ sledgehammer?
    • That crash from Snowdon
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 01:26:44 PM »
Iíll be out tonight.
The fleet;
2012 Orange Five
DMR Drone of unknown vintage - The Stealth Bomber

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 01:38:23 PM »
I've been enrolled  for taxi duties. Though intention is to try and deliver Tristan a used tyre or 2 in the car park and an off-chance that I'll get to the pub after.

David

• Porker
  • A Swede and a Bird...
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 04:59:00 PM »
Too much stuff going on at work and at home currently, won't be able to make it tonight. Enjoy the exceptionally high CDS for the season! Outliers rule!  ::)

Tristan

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 05:13:00 PM »
If there's too much going on David it sounds like you need a break.  It just so happens we have an appropriate recreational activity to get up to tonight!

David

• Porker
  • A Swede and a Bird...
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2017, 06:48:15 PM »
Yes, you're completely right, I agree! School holidays seem to think you're completely wrong though. It's strange how something you've got such sweet childhood memories of gradually turn into... something very different.

Jon

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 09:40:56 AM »
I was a no-show because I'm in Sardinia, enjoying heat, sunshine and lots of wine.

There's a bike shop around the corner, lots of MTBers, and one of the trails I've seen (walked :( ) looks extremely lovely. Dust, bedrock, complicated rocky step-downs, cactuses. I'm mentioning all this because these trails would ruin the CDS completely.  ;D
Slower than the speed of dark

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 01:42:03 PM »
Sorry I didn't make it to the pub guys. Taxi rank was active smack bang in the middle of pub time.  ::)

Yes, you're completely right, I agree! School holidays seem to think you're completely wrong though. It's strange how something you've got such sweet childhood memories of gradually turn into... something very different.
I'm like that about Christmas!  >:( Bah Humbug!!  ;)

I was a no-show because I'm in Sardinia, enjoying heat, sunshine and lots of wine.

There's a bike shop around the corner, lots of MTBers, and one of the trails I've seen (walked :( ) looks extremely lovely. Dust, bedrock, complicated rocky step-downs, cactuses. I'm mentioning all this because these trails would ruin the CDS completely.  ;D

Are you actually going to ride though?