Author Topic: Hey :)  (Read 139 times)

Danishbacon

• Piglet
Hey :)
« on: October 22, 2017, 09:32:33 AM »
After a couple of years in Swansea and hearing how nice the riding is I finally got off my arse and picked up a suitable ride for these parts. Looking forward to some nice riding! Hopefully there might be someone willing to show me around some of the local trails?

Jon

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
Re: Hey :)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 10:46:42 AM »
Hmmmm, don't trust this lot. They'll show you boring access tracks and claim that there's nothing more interesting. Once you've gone they'll insult you, your bike, your riding skills, and then they slope off to the good tracks after writing 'Locals only' on your car.  ;D

(Welcome to the forum, btw. What bike did you get and where are you based? There's a Thursday evening ride every week. Bring lights and cake. Lots of cake.)
Slower than the speed of dark

Danishbacon

• Piglet
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 11:42:49 AM »
Cheers Jon, Iíll try to put on my best Swansea accent and maybe itíll go unnoticed  ::)

Picked up a nice RM, and although Iíve not ridden in years, Iím sure I can granny ring my way along.

Will try and come on the Thursday night ride but would be nice to see the trail in daytime as well

Jon

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 02:30:23 PM »
Ooh, which RM. Always had a soft spot for them and never owned one.

And the trails are best ridden in the dark so you can look at it in the light and ask how!  :D

Justin_R

• Spider-pig
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 09:10:15 AM »
Welcome Danish, hope to see you out on the trails soon!

Danishbacon

• Piglet
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 11:14:22 AM »
Cheers Justin.

Jon, it's an Element 50. I had one years ago and have always had a soft spot for RM, I think they make a high performing frame at an attractive price and their complete bikes are well kitted out.

I ended up going out on my own yesterday for a little explore, boggy and muddy with some challenging/slippery downhill sections but a nice climb to get to the loops http://www.clyneriders.co.uk/page3/about.php I took right at the dirt road and did the lap twice, once to get acquainted and a much faster and enjoyable second lap. It's a fast track.

Tristan

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 04:07:31 PM »
Welcome to the club!  Like Jon says Thursdays is probably the best introduction to the stuff in Clyne as long as you have lights or can see in the dark.  Also there's a pub at the end for motivation. 

Everything's exceptionally slippery at the moment so expect to be going sideways. A lot.
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells

Jon

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2017, 05:04:49 PM »
Is it fast, isn't it! I went through there just as it got dark last night. Your photos look like somewhere completely different.

David

• Porker
  • A Swede and a Bird...
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 06:09:43 PM »
Welcome!  :)

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2017, 11:39:55 PM »
Welcome to the rabble! Careful with a name like that, some of the Pigs are prone to a bit of cannibalism! That top photo looks like Sanitised strip. I recognise the 2nd (I think) But damned if I can place it. Nice bike!  8)

Rob.T

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2017, 12:11:43 PM »
Welcome.... There is some good riding around here besides Clyne. Keep an eye out on the forum for weekend rides too, we ride the trail centres and there is some good riding at Gower.

Steve ;)

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
  • Pinkbike : Angus-4 ..... Instagram ANGUS27
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2017, 10:05:04 PM »
Welcome Bacon 🥓

The second photo was taken from the 'pond lift' on the first left hander looking back down to the lower track ........ i think

Plenty to ride up Clyne so do explore !
I believe there is a dig day coming up soon if you fancy helping out too and meet the rest of the rable !

Steve
Planning on living forever .... So far so good !!