Author Topic: Dyfi Winter Warmup  (Read 2672 times)

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
Re: Dyfi Winter Warmup
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2018, 02:34:14 PM »
Sure fing. I can drive. I'm  guessing Tristan's van is the most economical and Dom's is about the same as mine (calculated in gallons per mile  ;) ). So Tristan, if  you're in rolling state, makes sense for me to take Dom and you go with Jon?

Dom

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2018, 03:05:32 PM »
Sounds fine to me Andy, offer of a lift is much appreciated and there's no doubt your vehicle will fare better than mine if we encounter snow like last year. And it can't be less economical than mine...

Are you OK for fitting 2x bikes in/or your car? Can always take wheels off and separate with foam, old blankets etc.

I'll be in touch before Sunday to make arrangements
Mariner.

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2018, 03:52:06 PM »
Wait, did we pick straws?  I musta drawn the short one!  But yea, I guess I can give Jon a lift. 

Will be doing my spare tyre sat morn and aim to pick another up lunchtime.  So should know then if i'm good.  I'm a little concerned that the jury rigged tyre removal device might be 1 directional only so I might not be able to get the wheel cage re-attached.  Will know by midday Saturday and will get in touch if my van's out.

Also not sure my van would be more economical than your car Andy?  But yea, almost certainly more so than Doms petrol burner!
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells (possibly)

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2018, 04:08:14 PM »
 :D :D :D :D
Should work both ways Tristan . The two bolts should be counter tightened against each other and as long as your not heaving loads of torque, they should lock onto the bolt shaft.

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2018, 04:12:34 PM »
Yea, i was thinking that if the bolt head isn't deep enough then on clockwise rotation it might only be putting pressure on the lower bolt which will then unscrew from the thread without the top bolt providing resistance.  Will find out Sat!
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells (possibly)

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2018, 04:17:44 PM »
If aanyone wants to do a serious comparison mine does about 32 mpg  ;D I'm currently sitting in the Honda showroom, just been looking at more modern versions of mine with mpg's claimed of >50!! :o

Yea, i was thinking that if the bolt head isn't deep enough then on clockwise rotation it might only be putting pressure on the lower bolt which will then unscrew from the thread without the top bolt providing resistance.  Will find out Sat!

If you have a friendly local garage, you could ask him to drop a couple of snobs of weld on the bolts to prrmanently lock em down

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2018, 04:44:18 PM »
That's why I thought yours would be pretty high.  It's a lot newer than my van i think.  Was doing some content in work for Mitsubishi a while ago and their pickups are claiming some pretty impressive MPG so figured a crossover jeep like yours would be higher again.

Jon

• Wild boar
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2018, 04:47:46 PM »

What part of the bike are you talking about?? <scratches head..>
Slower than the speed of dark

Dom

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2018, 04:48:58 PM »
mine does about 32 mpg

ahhhh, I can only dream...
Mariner.

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2018, 05:38:14 PM »
mine does about 32 mpg

ahhhh, I can only dream...
:D :D ;D

What part of the bike are you talking about?? <scratches head..>

Don't worry about it Jon, just note the solution is to take a welder to it. Do you want me to fix your Intense?
Talking of that bike, bring that tonight if the Boardman's out of action!  :P ;D

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2018, 05:57:52 PM »
The part of the bike that carries it!

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2018, 12:50:20 AM »
Sounds fine to me Andy, offer of a lift is much appreciated and there's no doubt your vehicle will fare better than mine if we encounter snow like last year. And it can't be less economical than mine...

Are you OK for fitting 2x bikes in/or your car? Can always take wheels off and separate with foam, old blankets etc.

I'll be in touch before Sunday to make arrangements
Dom, I usually put them in side by side and upside down with the wheels off bunny them in and separate them with wheels bags etc. Works reasonably well.

Dom

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2018, 04:50:19 PM »
in side by side and upside down with the wheels off bunny them in and separate them with wheels bags etc

Not sure my bike skills are up to this...
Mariner.

Jon

• Wild boar
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2018, 06:48:21 PM »
in side by side and upside down with the wheels off bunny them in and separate them with wheels bags etc

Not sure my bike skills are up to this...

Some welding may be necessary.
Slower than the speed of dark

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2018, 07:33:46 PM »
WTF!  How did the bunny get  in there!?  :o ???