Author Topic: Late summer road trip  (Read 144 times)

Tristan

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
Late summer road trip
« on: August 21, 2017, 02:09:39 PM »
Anyone fancy a road trip?  My brother and I both realised we have lots of hols left to use.  Thinking of taking some days off and linking up some riding spots.

Something like North Wales / South East England / Lake District (if I can work out the trails).

Gav's off for the next 2 weeks so going to try coincide with that if possible.

Even if you can't come.  Add in some suggestions of places if you can think of any i've missed.

South West
Quantocks
Triscombe
Dartmoor
Gawton
Wind Hill
417 Project (South-ish)

North Wales
Llandegla
Nant Yr Arian (On way)
Climachx
Coed Y Brenin
Betws Y Coed
Penmachno

Lake Distric
No idea!
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
Re: Late summer road trip
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 01:55:12 PM »
I don't have any leave left  :'(  (I run out while I'm away on the family holiday in a fortnight!!) So all I can try and do is tag along with you for just a weekend.  :-[

Justin_R

• Spider-pig
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 08:25:04 AM »
I've really only got this weekend, planning to ride Tirpentwys (Pontypool), Loamworld, and the Masts; though I'm flexible on that plan.

Tristan

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 04:50:11 PM »
Got the start of a plan together.

I'll be in Yate Weds night so booked Thurs 31st and Fri 01st off work and will try make a long weekend out of the South West stuff.  My brother and Gav should be around then too.

Andy - Any preference for what you want to ride if you can make it down on the weekend?  I guess Quantocks and Triscombe are the closest if you're making a day/weekend trip out of it.  I'm not fussed on the order I hit stuff other than it's probably easier if the closer rides happen on the first and last days.  I think Jon might have mentioned day tripping over if possible on the weekend too but I might have imagined that.

So maybe:
Thurs 31st Wind Hill
Fri 1st Gawton
Sat 2nd Quantocks
Sun 3rd Triscombe
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells

caf

• Wild boar
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 10:35:15 PM »
I've got plenty of leave, but my fast depleting team is short of staff - so I cant book leave! But hopefully be able to head down for the weekend or one day of.

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 11:16:18 PM »
Sorry guys, when you posted I thought you actually meant this weekend. I'm away next weekend in the Cotswolds. Count me out , sorry!  :-[ I meant to tell you yesterday but forgot!

Jon

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2017, 08:20:11 AM »
The plan this weekend is to ride the classic Quantocks loop on Sunday. I think Tristan is riding Triscombe on Saturday but we'll go through there on Sunday also. Let us know if anyone is joining us and we'll work out where to meet.
Slower than the speed of dark

Rob.T

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2017, 11:16:36 AM »
The plan this weekend is to ride the classic Quantocks loop on Sunday. I think Tristan is riding Triscombe on Saturday but we'll go through there on Sunday also. Let us know if anyone is joining us and we'll work out where to meet.
[/quote.

If only you were going next weekend I could have joined you, gutted. Still away.

Jon

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2017, 03:55:31 PM »
[/quote.

If only you were going next weekend I could have joined you, gutted. Still away.

Ah don't worry Rob - you know the Quantocks are rubbish!  ;D
Slower than the speed of dark

caf

• Wild boar
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 07:18:03 PM »
Ah bugger, I'm down Dorset on Tuesday, think going be but to much travelling over few days.

Rob.T

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2017, 08:46:55 PM »
[/quote.

Ah don't worry Rob - you know the Quantocks are rubbish!  ;D

How was it, besides rubbish and probably wet?

Tristan

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2017, 01:38:50 PM »
It's all right guys, you didn't miss anything Sunday.  Rain came in so we went home.  The quantocks ain't that far away so could try organise another trip down over a weekend.  Forgot how much I love riding at Triscombe so could do XC one day and back at Triscombe the other.