Author Topic: Scotland - End of May  (Read 328 times)

marcus

• Clyne Rider *
  • Spider-pig
  • 4X rules apply
Scotland - End of May
« on: April 08, 2017, 08:32:33 PM »
Hi guys,
Me and the Dutch guys are planning on heading to Scotland May 25th to 28th.

Anyone fancy joining?  :)

Marcus
That's not flying, that's just falling with style

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
Re: Scotland - End of May
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 10:22:01 PM »
I need to check calendars, I've got a horrible horrible feeling I can't get away from work  :-[

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2017, 12:41:12 PM »
Ha! Work calendar is good. Her indoors is the next obstacle!   ;D ;) But I think it could be good! Have you remembered the Monday after is bank holiday Marcus? Are you guys going to travel on 25th and 28th or are they full riding days?

marcus

• Clyne Rider *
  • Spider-pig
  • 4X rules apply
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 09:10:03 PM »
 8)
We're leaving Holland on the 25th so will be arriving in Newcastle at 9am on the 26th (Thursday) and sailing back on Sunday at 5pm. We'll get staying around the Innerleithen area. Rough plan is Glentress on Thursday afternoon (we should be there around midday), Kirroughtree on Friday, Dalbeattie on Saturday (there is an event on at Glentress over the weekend) and Innerleithen on Sunday before heading back.
Would love to spend the whole week up there but due to lack of holiday it has to be short.
Monday is not a day off in The Netherlands but the Thursday and Friday are.

caf

• Wild boar
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2017, 09:30:02 PM »
We shall see - but I suspect not due to hand. Though could sight see and enjoy the craic.

Tristan

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 02:30:49 PM »
We're leaving Holland on the 25th so will be arriving in Newcastle at 9am on the 26th (Thursday) and sailing back on Sunday at 5pm.
Isn't the 26th a Friday, not Thursday?  So you're leaving on the 24th and getting there on Thurs the 25th?

Not sure I can justify the expense and effort of driving up there for less than a weeks riding.  Think I might try a North Wales trip at somepoint instead this year.
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 08:32:52 PM »
It is a trek from down here. We could go up earlier to make it more 'economical'.  ;)

marcus

• Clyne Rider *
  • Spider-pig
  • 4X rules apply
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2017, 06:41:31 PM »
I imagined that you guys might well do the full week :), unfortunately due to lack holiday time I can only make it for a long weekend (same for the other Dutch guys).

marcus

• Clyne Rider *
  • Spider-pig
  • 4X rules apply
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2017, 06:42:35 PM »
Yes - you're right, we'll be arriving Thursday 25th.
We're leaving Holland on the 25th so will be arriving in Newcastle at 9am on the 26th (Thursday) and sailing back on Sunday at 5pm.
Isn't the 26th a Friday, not Thursday?  So you're leaving on the 24th and getting there on Thurs the 25th?

Not sure I can justify the expense and effort of driving up there for less than a weeks riding.  Think I might try a North Wales trip at somepoint instead this year.

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2017, 07:34:42 AM »
I'm up for doing something, in principle,  I haven't found my moment to apply for a long pass yet.   ;) I've learnt over the years, that there are optimal moments to do this and choosing well is key!  ::)

Rob.T

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2017, 01:33:51 PM »

Good call, my thoughts too. Not tried all the stuff locally at NW yet.