Author Topic: Sat 08-04-17  (Read 527 times)

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
Re: Sat 08-04-17
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2017, 01:59:19 PM »
Cwm carn was great as always.  Good job everyone on getting round both the Twrch and Cafall on such a hot day!
Twrch has some pretty significant closures.  The rocky singletrack descent before the final descent is closed as well as the undulating singletrack before that.  There's a pretty terrible run down a fireroad to replace it.  Cafall was fully open and awesome.

Andy especially I think is now a convert to the wonders of Cwm Carn.

I enjoyed it. Even the more for having "got away with it" in what I'd normally expect to be a hurty off!  ;D

I always got the impression CC was all about  the balls-out DH and a couple of minor XC trails which were a side show! It was wrong.  ::)

Tristan

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2017, 02:58:30 PM »
Glad you've seen the light (and not the one at the end of the tunnel after your off)!  Shame you had the impression of the side show XC trails.  The Twrch, and later Cafall, were my favourite south Wales trail center trails for a while!

The final descent of the Twrch was even sweeter previously before the rocks became that much more exposed, and you haven't even done the 2 fun sections before that!  I'd even suggest that the DH track isn't as gnarly as you might think (well unless you are planning on hitting the jumps at warp speed).
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells

caf

• Wild boar
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2017, 07:03:52 PM »
Cheers guys, a good outing for my last riding for a while, pretty tough going on such a hot day and whilst so unfit!
I had a couple of close calls, but as tail end Charlie they were unobserved except for my guardian angel!
Many thanks for the lift Andrew, I know it bit out of your way to pick me up.