Author Topic: Would this be insane?  (Read 889 times)

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
Re: Would this be insane?
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2017, 09:27:26 AM »
No input on this thread from Tristan?  ???
He hasn't got the balls!  ;D :D ;D :D ;D ;D

Ferrals

• Spider-pig
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2017, 07:02:10 PM »
Andy, I've got an X-bow which is the bottom of the range 'cross bike. It's good for what it is and have no issues with it. Can't say it's spectacular but it's a 'cheap' bike.

That one does look nice!

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2017, 12:48:44 AM »
Andy, I've got an X-bow which is the bottom of the range 'cross bike. It's good for what it is and have no issues with it. Can't say it's spectacular but it's a 'cheap' bike.

That one does look nice!
Sounds reasonably non-negative enough that I can class it as positive!   ;) i suppose I'm trying to think long game, I know if I compromise on certain things, I'll always be turning my nose up. So that's inevitably going to move my price bracket up. Most of my bikes have been cheap bikes and they've served me fabulously well. The only one which wasn't up to what I was doing to it was my first entry level hard tail. Some adjustments to spec and usage and it's now found its niche in my garage!  ;) #n+1 The current roadie has done sterling service but I think I'm ready to move up level or two.

Ferrals

• Spider-pig
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2017, 11:25:45 AM »
I have to stay non-positive.. I'm working out how I can justify zero percent financing one of these for next season..!

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2017, 04:29:39 PM »
 8) ooh! That's nice. Lovely paint job. 0% finance is almost an investment in today's climate!  ;)

Jon

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2017, 07:18:41 AM »
I like a nice Stevens (and Ridley!). The tyres on that Stevens are gopping though.  ;D
Slower than the speed of dark

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2017, 07:37:58 AM »
gopping
What sort of word is that!!!?? :o ::) ??? :P

I wouldn't like to be the one cleaning those after a muddy ride though!  ;) ;)

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2017, 07:40:17 AM »
No input on this thread from Tristan?  ???
I'm still waiting for some Tristan abuse. Especially now since I mentioned Firefly! ::)

Jon

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2017, 08:31:21 AM »
Tristan is at the shop thrusting his credit card eagerly, trying to buy a gravel bike. He's always first in the niche line.😁
Slower than the speed of dark

Ferrals

• Spider-pig
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2017, 09:05:39 AM »
I like a nice Stevens (and Ridley!). The tyres on that Stevens are gopping though.  ;D

Yes, those tyres would go asap if I did actually get one. Bizarrely for quite a high end brand they seem much more reasonably priced than all the others for my cx wishlist (carbon frame, discs, tubeless ready wheelset, a front derailleur, sub 9kg).

Tristan

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2017, 11:14:50 AM »
Tristan is not thrusting anything at the moment!  And all these road bikes with their high seatposts are making me wince.  I think I shall be riding in the standing position for a little while.
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells

Brendawg

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
  • Where's my rock/ sledgehammer?
    • That crash from Snowdon
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2017, 12:49:25 PM »
Tristan is not thrusting anything at the moment!  And all these road bikes with their high seatposts are making me wince.  I think I shall be riding in the standing position for a little while.

Could be worse mate, I've spent the last few days stripping, cleaning and polishing your crack(ed swingarm)
The fleet;
2012 Orange Five
DMR Drone of unknown vintage - The Stealth Bomber

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2017, 01:44:16 PM »

Could be worse mate, I've spent the last few days stripping, cleaning and polishing your crack(ed swingarm)
It's a niche market, and we know Tristan likes to be niche!  :D :D