Author Topic: Long Mynd Batch Burner  (Read 1351 times)

Tristan

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
Re: Long Mynd Batch Burner
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2017, 12:34:59 PM »
Cool.  Does that article say it's shit?  If not then i'm game for trying a new place. 
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells

Jon

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2017, 08:56:10 AM »
Cool.  Does that article say it's shit?  If not then i'm game for trying a new place.

No, all good. A short red (under 10km) red trail with 3 dh runs, from memory. It says something like, why go to Scotland to ride a world class dh track when you've got Eastridge. Or something along those lines.
Slower than the speed of dark

Dom

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2017, 01:45:34 PM »
Some questions:

When are people leaving Swansea to travel up?

Where are people staying?

Any car-sharing arrangements been made?

Why isn't Jon coming?

Cheers
Dom
Mariner.

caf

• Wild boar
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2017, 04:27:20 PM »
Got camping booked at foxcastle campsite, got a spare place if you're in need Dom? (Was Jon's, but he can't make due to way to much traveling and not enough time this week)
Think Andrew is going to his parents the day before.
Tristan after work Friday.
Not sure what Rob has planned.
I'm delaying a decision to see what the weather is and for my wheel to be delivered. Had hoped head up Friday morning to hopefully get a short ride in somewhere on Friday.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 04:29:41 PM by caf »

Dom

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2017, 04:56:31 PM »
Cheers Craig

I can't get Friday off, so will go up after work on Friday
Mariner.

caf

• Wild boar
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2017, 07:02:39 PM »
Cheers Craig

Cool, I won't cancel Jon's camping space then.
For everyone, it's here  Montgomery Rd, Bishops Castle SY9 5HA

Jon

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2017, 07:58:07 PM »
Some questions:

When are people leaving Swansea to travel up?

Where are people staying?

Any car-sharing arrangements been made?

Why isn't Jon coming?

Cheers
Dom

I've been away all week since Monday morning and won't get back to Swansea until tea-time Friday. Once I pick my kit up it'll be at least 10pm when I get to Shropshire (after a total of 10 hours driving, probably.)

I'd love to do the event but I'm not killing myself to get there.  :)
Slower than the speed of dark

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2017, 10:25:29 PM »
I might rock up mid afternoon Friday and go for a short spin around some local bridleways.

Dom

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2017, 03:01:16 PM »
sounds pretty rad Andy...  ;)
Mariner.

caf

• Wild boar
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2017, 09:00:17 PM »
Sorry to be vague on travel plans Tristan, I'd normally say yes to sharing car and splitting the costs. I was hoping get there earlier to pitch the tent and try and get a ride in on Friday before the rain.
My wheel means things even more vague now!

Is everyone OK with campsite details? Booked under my name if you get there early.

caf

• Wild boar
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2017, 09:08:24 PM »
Finally sitting down with the laptop, still got cramp in my foot and thigh though! Got home to find the washing line snapped, popped pie in the oven, got out the ladders to trek up to the roof to put up a new line.(great fun in the wind!)  Put gear to wash, had shower, got pie out of oven - stone cold - the over has broken! argh!

Anyway, cheers guys, glad I rode eastridge and didn't bailout Saturday night - though was pretty close to. Felt really rough. Was certainly a tough ride.

Sorry about the brake packer dom! - I thought it was general mtb carpark detritus!

On the way back - a 1960's OV10 - Bronco flew over, so guessed there was an airshow nearby, googled it and the helicopter was a westland whirlwind.

Tristan

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2017, 01:11:57 PM »
Cheers for coming Craig.  I'm still pretty knackered from the weekend too.  When I got back yesterday I made a sandwhich, passed out for a few hours, woke up, had a shower, made a curry then passed out for the rest of the night!  If anything had broken it would have stayed broken!
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells

Dom

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2017, 11:11:30 PM »
Hey Craig, I was reading through your post and waiting for the inevitable "I fell of the roof and seriously injured myself" ending - glad that cold dinner was the worst fate that befell you on this occasion.

Great fun, tired legs, Eastridge loop probably the most technical and demanding red xc trail I've ever ridden! Cheers all

PS no worries about the brake spacer, but I know now to keep my hand on my wallet when you're around...
Mariner.

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2017, 01:59:22 PM »

PS no worries about the brake spacer, but I know now to keep my hand on my wallet when you're around...

He's a nightmare in the office! If it ain't tied down! .......  ;)

Thanks guys - a great weekend. That eastridge trail was at my comfort limit!  :o I need more practice at 'shittifyingly steep' trails!  ;)

Tristan

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2017, 05:06:13 PM »
I need more practice at 'shittifyingly steep' trails!
As luck would have it I was just thinking the Eastridge steepness was similar to what you'd expect at Masts.  So let's get practicing!

And I wasn't put off by the steepness of the downs, just the steepness of the ups in the middle of each descent!