Author Topic: GNAR Bike Park Sunday 17th of July  (Read 594 times)

Justin_R

• Spider-pig
GNAR Bike Park Sunday 17th of July
« on: July 10, 2016, 12:23:09 AM »
I'm going up to GNAR Bike Park in Cumbria on the weekend of 16th/17th of July. It's a new place opened up by one Ben Eggleston, an almost entirely self-funded venture. It's a push up and ride down venue, with short but sweet runs, reasonably steep, loamy, and with optional big features.
I've been in contact with Ben for a little while and have been planning on a visit for some time now.
It's a long way to go and I will be heading up on Saturday morning, journey will probably take 5 and half hours, but I will be driving a van if anyone wants a lift.
Gonna camp out at Drybeck Farm I think.

Here's a link to the Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/gnarbikepark/

And a recent video from the park:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IffuQlERpkg#t=179.281247

Tristan

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
Re: GNAR Bike Park Sunday 17th of July
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 02:44:32 PM »
That does look fun but i'm going out in Swansea on Sat night so cant come along.

Let us know what it's like.  Hero dirt all round!
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 07:28:21 AM »
Looks good. Shame it's not closer! ::)  I wouldn't mind a long weekend up that neck of the woods some time. I think there's plenty of riding options up there.  Enjoy, Justin. :)

Justin_R

• Spider-pig
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 03:14:43 PM »
That does look fun but i'm going out in Swansea on Sat night so cant come along.

Let us know what it's like.  Hero dirt all round!

No worries. I'll post a round up of the riding here when I'm back.

Justin_R

• Spider-pig
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 03:16:14 PM »
Looks good. Shame it's not closer! ::)  I wouldn't mind a long weekend up that neck of the woods some time. I think there's plenty of riding options up there.  Enjoy, Justin. :)

Yeah, it's a bit of a distance. I'm not looking forward to the drive but I've been wanting to see this place for a while and meet the maker. Plus there's a nice bike to test ride on the Monday.  ;D