Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 475 times)

TheWookiee

• Piglet
Hi everyone
« on: July 04, 2016, 07:58:08 PM »
Hi there. Recently got into mtb, and am currently obsessed. Got a bike for fitness mainly, but keep getting tempted to try the trails. Need a bit more confidence first before me and my hardtail have the indignity of breaking beyond repair  (me and the bike!) On the website it said that you were waiting for funds for the trail signs. Is that still an ongoing thing? Only I work for a sign company and depending on what you need I could probably sort you out...

Tristan

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 10:13:50 AM »
Hey, welcome to the club. Sounds like you've got a smart approach for progressing! There's a variety of rides organised on the forum so keep an eye out and there might be some rides you can cut your teeth on.  Things like Penhydd and Blue Scar up Afan aren't too demanding but can be good fun.

All the signs were made eventually that I can remember although there was talk of replacing a few that had gone walkabouts or broken.  I think we have the spares we need but always good to have the option for more.
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells

TheWookiee

• Piglet
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 11:13:10 AM »
I'm mainly using my bike for commuting at the moment (18.5 miles yesterday). The Thursday rides sound cool, although I play with my band on Thursdays most weeks. I'll check out the Afan trails (I've only been past there for work). And yeah, if you do need any signs or anything, let me know. If they don't have to be huge I can probably do them for nowt as a hobble! :)

Jon

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 08:54:12 PM »

Is this you?  ;D

Welcome to the forum. Where does your band play, normally?
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 10:06:02 AM by Jon »
Slower than the speed of dark

TheWookiee

• Piglet
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 10:15:00 PM »
We used to play all over swansea, broke up over 10 years ago, but last year decided to teach the kids how to do it properly. Thursday's are practice days. Got our return gig booked in mozarts in the beginning of August (apparently). Should be fun. And loud! The band is called sludgecraft.

TheWookiee

• Piglet
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 05:08:30 PM »
Just saw the pic! (it wouldn't display on my phone. Classic! (although I don't do road bikes) :D