Author Topic: 1st Visit to BPW  (Read 450 times)

Pogo726

• Piglet
1st Visit to BPW
« on: April 15, 2016, 07:44:05 PM »
Evening all,
Just thought id share my 1st experience of doing BPW yesterday.
 A few of us from work booked the uplift for the day not knowing what to expect but thinking we were all awesome riders as we've done Penhydd/Blue Scar (& myself done millers a couple of times).
 Well after a doing the blue runs i soon came to realise i ain't that good!!
But what a day & experience loved every minute of it apart from when i had puncture half way down Terry's Belly and on replacing my tube with a new one and finding out my pump was completely useless & didn't work >:( now there's a lovely experience pushing the bike walking/stumbling my way down the trail :-[ Thankfully a stranger stopped & had a pump which enabled me to ride back down ;D ( Good learning curve here don't let your mate with a pump go on without you as you think you've got it all covered :o)
Managed to get another couple of runs in after that and even missed the rain at the end of the day ;D
But OMFG am i aching today even my eyelids are aching still even this late in the day ::)
Well sorry for rambling but it was an awesome day but definitely need to get some more practice in ready for next time :D
No one ever tells you about the climb for the downhill bits!!

Steve ;)

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
  • Pinkbike : Angus-4 ..... Instagram ANGUS27
Re: 1st Visit to BPW
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 11:34:18 PM »
As long as you came away smiling it's always a winner !
BPW has some of the best, most fun blue trails around ....

A few of the pigs are going there on Sunday, you can have a second visit :)
Planning on living forever .... So far so good !!