Author Topic: Warm riding gloves  (Read 1374 times)

ST12

• Weaner
  • Hello!! I'm Shaun!
Re: Warm riding gloves
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2016, 12:01:28 AM »
I've heared mechanics gloves underneath your riding gloves is the way forward. They're thin and almost unnoticeable for feel,  but keep your hands dry and warmer as a result. Anyone tried this?  They're cheap to by boxes of them!

Jon

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2016, 10:07:24 AM »
I've heared mechanics gloves underneath your riding gloves is the way forward. They're thin and almost unnoticeable for feel,  but keep your hands dry and warmer as a result. Anyone tried this?  They're cheap to by boxes of them!

That'll be sweaty and not particularly warm. The problem is that your hands are either going to get wet through rain or wet through sweat. You'll get cold, whichever. Best solution is to spend some money on decent breathable, thermal gloves, maybe spending more on waterproof stuff.
Slower than the speed of dark

Tristan

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2016, 10:20:53 AM »
For cold weather without the wet factor i've used silk glove liners before.  Super thin and breathable and work really well.  As soon as they get wet however they're not so good.  Which seems to be the problem i'm having at the moment.

I'd be tempted to try the mechanics gloves.  Even if I just use them for descents to stop my fingers chilling from a combination of water and wind chill.
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2016, 01:30:16 PM »
For cold weather without the wet factor i've used silk glove liners before. 
That's your excuse eh?!  :o ???  :-*

Tristan

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2016, 01:35:54 PM »
One of my reasons!
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells

Steve ;)

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
  • Pinkbike : Angus-4 ..... Instagram ANGUS27
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2016, 10:52:47 PM »
For cold weather without the wet factor i've used silk glove liners before. 
That's your excuse eh?!  :o ???  :-*

You can use them for a posh ..... Ahem
Planning on living forever .... So far so good !!