Author Topic: Scotland 2016  (Read 5993 times)

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
Re: Scotland 2016
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2016, 09:11:50 PM »
Sounds good. We'll  make van decisions after your pre-op Craig. 

Talking off vans:
A young couple were making passionate love in the guy's van (you know, shag carpets, big double mattress in the back ... all that) when suddenly the girl, being a bit on the kinky side, yells out "Oh big boy, whip me, whip me!"
The guy, not wanting to pass up this unique opportunity, obviously did not have any whips to hand, but in a flash of inspiration, he opens the window, snaps the aerial off the van and proceeds to whip the girl until they both collapse in sadomasochistic ecstasy.
About a week later, the girl notices that the marks left by the whipping session are starting to fester a bit so she goes to the doctor. The doctor takes one look at the wounds and asks, "Did you get these marks having sex?" The girl is a little embarrassed but admits that, yes, she did. Nodding his head knowingly the doctor exclaims, "I thought so, because in all my years of doctoring...........You've got the worst case of VAN AERIAL DISEASE that I've ever seen."

Tristan

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2016, 09:50:26 PM »
I'd like to forward a motion that Andy not be allowed on this trip.
Or in fact the forum.
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells

caf

• Wild boar
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2016, 10:24:38 PM »
Sounds good. We'll  make van decisions after your pre-op Craig. 

Talking off vans:
A young couple were making passionate love in the guy's van (you know, shag carpets, big double mattress in the back ... all that) when suddenly the girl, being a bit on the kinky side, yells out "Oh big boy, whip me, whip me!"
The guy, not wanting to pass up this unique opportunity, obviously did not have any whips to hand, but in a flash of inspiration, he opens the window, snaps the aerial off the van and proceeds to whip the girl until they both collapse in sadomasochistic ecstasy.
About a week later, the girl notices that the marks left by the whipping session are starting to fester a bit so she goes to the doctor. The doctor takes one look at the wounds and asks, "Did you get these marks having sex?" The girl is a little embarrassed but admits that, yes, she did. Nodding his head knowingly the doctor exclaims, "I thought so, because in all my years of doctoring...........You've got the worst case of VAN AERIAL DISEASE that I've ever seen."

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure they WILL be telling me not to ride or be near people who ride bikes again!  ;D ;)

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2016, 10:53:17 PM »
You don't think that's the best gag, ever?!?!  :o ???

Jon

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2016, 08:31:47 AM »
I'm glad I couldn't get the time off now. It's a long journey to Scotland with jokes like that.  ;D
Slower than the speed of dark

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2016, 10:51:57 AM »
I may have a mini disaster on my hands. I might not be able to get Tue 31st off work! >:( That would really screw things up! I was hoping to be able to make the Innerleithen and Glentress  days more than anything! And not sure what Craig and Rob would feel about traveling Wednesday.

Rob.T

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2016, 11:05:18 AM »
What date do you propose leaving home? Bank holiday week could be difficult for me.

Tristan

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2016, 01:46:27 PM »
Sounds like a nightmare Andy!  I gave the option earlier in the thread of before or during the bank holiday and was lead towards the bank holiday week so think i might be committed!

Andy when will you know if you can get the day off?  Same for you Rob for the whole week.

Thinking about it, i've currently only booked the Edinburgh leg from Fri 27th to Mon 30th.  If you guys can't do after that, I can speak to my bro / work about changing the current later part of the trip to be before May 27th instead.  Should work for everyone who want's to come then.
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2016, 02:31:17 PM »
It looks like a false alarm! Stick to plan. It was my bad, I assumed the time off wouldn't be an issue even though I knew the Tue was a pinch point. There was a misunderstanding and I thought there was yet another person looking for time off, but no he's ok and can cover me.  So I'm back on board and thinking in terms of driving up on the Sun 29th and returning on the 5th.

marcus

• Clyne Rider *
  • Spider-pig
  • 4X rules apply
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2016, 05:00:26 PM »
It turns I have some holiday left so looks like I can join you for this (sorry Tristan!) 8)
That's not flying, that's just falling with style

caf

• Wild boar
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2016, 06:18:29 PM »
I've got the pre-op in a week, but I now know that they'll only be breaking and pinning the hand and doing the repair on index finger tendon. They wont be doing the tendons in the palm. I'm hoping that will mean a shorter recovery times!  :)

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2016, 06:52:29 PM »
It turns I have some holiday left so looks like I can join you for this (sorry Tristan!) 8)
8)

I've got the pre-op in a week, but I now know that they'll only be breaking and pinning the hand and doing the repair on index finger tendon. They wont be doing the tendons in the palm. I'm hoping that will mean a shorter recovery times!  :)
  =  8)

marcus

• Clyne Rider *
  • Spider-pig
  • 4X rules apply
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2016, 08:51:46 AM »
Looks like Jos is also onboard, so will be the 2 of us. Although, not sure if we can both make the whole week.

Are the dates May 29th to 5th June confirmed? (as we will need to book the Ferry crossing)

Are there any plans for accommodation yet?
That's not flying, that's just falling with style

Tristan

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2016, 10:28:12 AM »
My brother and I are confirmed 27th to 31st May (northern part).  I was waiting to see what everyone was doing before organising 1st to 5th June (southern part).  I've got accommodation in Edinburgh Fri to Mon 30th for family stuff but I guess you guys will wanna be closer to Peebles for that.  Andy suggested the Glentress lodges again which makes sense.

I'm going to try organise the southern part this week.  Was that place we've stayed a few times before good value Marcus?

This is roughly what we're planning on doing:
Fri 27th - Drive up. Ride Newcastleton on way up. Check in to Edinburgh hotel in Eve.
Sat 28th - Glentress XC Red & Free ride play
Sun 29th - Cheer on my Mum at the Edinburgh half marathon.
Mon 30th - Innerleithen XC & maybe some of the DH track
Tues 31st - Glentress XC Black & Freeride play & Dumfries Check in. 
Weds 1st - Not sure.
Thurs 2nd - Ae XC & DH
Fri 3rd - Dalbeattie
Sat 4th - Kirroughtree
Sun 5th - Mabie and drive home.

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2016, 01:47:24 PM »
I had pencilled in Sunday to drive up. But Given that I'd probably pick up the van on the Friday, I reckon a Saturday drive up might be better. That means doing what Tristan & Curtis are doing on Saturday, on Sunday. So 3 nights in Glentress & 5 in Dumfries.