Author Topic: Way markers ripped down  (Read 1669 times)

brynhh

• Piglet
Way markers ripped down
« on: December 06, 2015, 09:20:20 PM »
Hi all. Was up clyne today and wanted to register to let you know about the way markers. Don't want to overstep the mark with my first post as I know it's a volunteer run trail, but not sure if the council are responsible for them.

Basically where you get to the top t junction, go left then you have the option of continuing or going right for a further climb, the plastic has been snapped in half. We noticed it but misseed that right turn, eventually went back and figured it out. Also near the top of this next climb, the plastic is nearly all gone with a very small bit left to tell there was something there.

I'm not sure if someone is going up there and damaging things (noticed there's comments about motocross bikes going up there), but in case the info can be of any use.

Aside from that though, also want to say how great the trail is, tiring getting up there but the downhills are more than worth it, great fun. Great effort by everyone who's involved in it, thanks!

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
Re: Way markers ripped down
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 09:37:43 PM »
Thanks Bryn. I had noticed one missing on my last ride. But knowing the trails I tend not to notice all the posts, so that's info only a fresh eye or someone who is intentionally keeping an eye out would spot, cheers! It could be sabotage there are a few anti's around. I suppose we'll have to raise it with Parks Department, unless someone has already. Bils??

Tristan

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 09:49:13 PM »
Sure we had some spares left when we first put them up. I'd imagine either Bils or Chris has them if so. I seem to remember I left them in Mikes car so maybe they're still there!

Cheers for pointing this out. Hadn't even noticed. We can probably knock some more in at the next dig day if we have any. Glad you're enjoying the trails too.
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells

Michael.R

• Clyne Rider *
  • Spider-pig
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 11:32:40 AM »
I gave them back to Bils a while ago, otherwise yeah Trist they would still be in my car!

What the hell is wrong with people though?

brynhh

• Piglet
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 09:21:39 PM »
No problem, I knew the main layout from my last ride but kept an eye on the smaller turns.

I'm off this week and hope to go to Clyne or Afan, if I do I can take photos of the exact posts they are on and put that on here if needed?

Tristan

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 11:13:52 AM »
Hey Bryn don't worry about pictures.  We'll probably do a full loop when we get the markers and add them on to any that need them ourselves.

If you're about on Thursday daytime there's a decent chance some of us will be riding around Clyne or Kilvey too.
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells

Bils

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
  • Dig for Victory
    • Clyne Riders
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 01:30:51 PM »
Thanks for the heads up Brynhh, I have some spares so we can replace the missing ones at the next dig day if not sooner
Maybe, just maybe, one bike isn't enough after all

brynhh

• Piglet
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 06:35:55 PM »
Hey Bryn don't worry about pictures.  We'll probably do a full loop when we get the markers and add them on to any that need them ourselves.

If you're about on Thursday daytime there's a decent chance some of us will be riding around Clyne or Kilvey too.

Cool yeah I might be free, will check the details (and the weather!) when you guys decide, guess it'll be posted on here?

Where's kilvey?

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2015, 07:38:24 PM »

Where's kilvey?

It's the hill overlooking the east side of the city centre.

brynhh

• Piglet
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2015, 08:54:15 PM »

Where's kilvey?

Ah OK, behind St Thomas? Is it the turning that goes up to bonymaen, just before the first roundabout  by copper quarter (coming away from town)?

Jon

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2015, 10:12:22 PM »

Where's kilvey?

Ah OK, behind St Thomas? Is it the turning that goes up to bonymaen, just before the first roundabout  by copper quarter (coming away from town)?
That's it. Start from the lay-by and follow the trail up to the pond, about 300m. The mtb trails are up above the pond. You'd see the first berms there.
Slower than the speed of dark