Author Topic: Welsh cyclocross calendar 2015  (Read 1914 times)

Jon

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
Re: Welsh cyclocross calendar 2015
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2015, 07:34:51 PM »
I've decided not to go tomorrow as I don't like the course much anyway. It was an unridable quagmire last year after much less rain - it will wreck bikes tomorrow.

The Nat Botanic Gardens event next week has been moved to Pembrey which is a lovely course. I'll be there regardless if the weather.
Slower than the speed of dark

Ferrals

• Spider-pig
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2015, 10:09:06 PM »
Same. I've got a bad back so don't think I could run carrying a bike for an hour. Looking forward to Pembrey though. Have you seen the pics of tomorrow's course on the Fb. page Jon? Think staying away is a good plan!

Entered lovecrossed as well.

caf

• Wild boar
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2015, 11:35:29 PM »
Ah, I thought you said about pembrey on Thursday, my concussion cleared!

caf

• Wild boar
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2015, 11:45:59 PM »
Just seen the pictures, you won't have to worry about mud - the huge ponds would wash your bikes! I might still head there for a look, if if isn't raining.

Ferrals

• Spider-pig
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2015, 08:09:49 AM »
The Nat Botanic Gardens event next week has been moved to Pembrey which is a lovely course

Though I see mat page is planning a different course with lots of step run ups etc. Sure it will be really good though.

Jon

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2015, 08:46:17 AM »
Same. I've got a bad back so don't think I could run carrying a bike for an hour. Looking forward to Pembrey though. Have you seen the pics of tomorrow's course on the Fb. page Jon? Think staying away is a good plan!

Entered lovecrossed as well.

Yeah, saw the pics on FB. Not sure how the commissaire signed that off - the water looks deep enough that if someone goes down in a tangle of bikes they could get their head trapped underwater. I know we get stream crossings and so on in mtb races but I don't remember ever racing through water that deep in cross.  ???

I was going to enter lovecrossed but then found out that it's my Mother-in-law's 60th birthday meal that afternoon.  >:(
Slower than the speed of dark

Ferrals

• Spider-pig
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2015, 02:14:17 PM »
Ah no!haha. Looking forward to lovecrossed, making a weekend of it and looking forward to watching the world champs in a stately home with beer afterwards!

Did you go Caerphilly Craig?

caf

• Wild boar
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2015, 09:23:12 PM »
I didn't in the end, although the weather had brightened here I didn't fancy driving there to get soaked! (turning into a fair weather cyclist and spectator!)

Ferrals

• Spider-pig
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2015, 09:13:48 AM »
looks like carnage form the photos!