Author Topic: FAO Jon - CX questions  (Read 614 times)

Ferrals

• Spider-pig
FAO Jon - CX questions
« on: June 29, 2015, 11:09:49 AM »
Jon - that's not your cannondale CAADX on ebay is it?

Never touched a road/cx bike before, but I'm going to need something to commute on as my commutes going to over double in distance come september. plus it means more race opportunities in Winter if i get on with it  ;D  the one on ebay is 51cm -about right for a height of 5'7 and a half?

Any active cx forums with second hand bikes on that i should keep an eye on?

Jon

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
Re: FAO Jon - CX questions
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 12:17:39 PM »
No, not mine.

Mine is 54cm. I'm 5ft10" so not sure how a 51 would suit you.

Used bikes occasionally pop up on the Welsh Cyclocross Facebook group. You could grit.cx (very quiet at the moment) or ukcyclocross.co.uk

The 2015/16 calendar has recently been put onto cyclocrosswales.co.uk. Some interesting venues - Melin Mynach nr Gorseinon, Pembrey, and Matt Page is putting on a race at the National Botanic Gardens. I reckon that I'd be aiming to do all but 2 of them this year - injury and illness allowing.
Slower than the speed of dark

Ferrals

• Spider-pig
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 12:35:55 PM »
Nice one Jon, cheers. Will keep an eye out on those forums. As I'm mostly getting something for commuting purposes I am trying to find something dirt cheap!

I'll definitely try and do the one in Pembrey, really enjoyed racing / riding there last winter. looks like the other locals ones fall when I am busy

Jon

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2015, 02:14:41 PM »
If you can stretch to a new CAADX then I'd recommend it!
Slower than the speed of dark

Ferrals

• Spider-pig
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 02:43:12 PM »
haha, not a chance. I popped into urban cyclery yesterday on the way past and they had some tempting discounts on a ridley, but I'm going keep searching ebay/gumtree/forums for a while. In an ideal world I'll find something second-hand for 3-400, having never even ridden a drop bar bike I don't want to spend more in case i hate it! Especially as I know I'm going to need to spend a fair whack on the mtb soon :-(