Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1553 times)

ST12

• Weaner
  • Hello!! I'm Shaun!
Hello!
« on: June 01, 2015, 12:24:58 AM »
Hi Guys and Girls!

I'm Shaun. I live in Swansea and have recently started getting really into mountain biking!  Which I've been doing for around a year or so now! It's taken over my life! But, I love it! I've mostly been riding Afan, but recently tried Clyne and was stoked to know there is  some decent riding to be found closer to home! 

I'm  hoping I may be available to join you guys on Thursday! If that's ok?

Thanks! Look forward to seeing you out on the trails! :)

Shaun.

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 07:11:06 AM »
Welcome to the forum Shaun. You'll be more than welcome to join us.

It's taken over my life!

It does that, and there's no scientific explanation!  :o

See you on a trail sometime  :)

Andy

Tristan

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2015, 12:54:42 PM »
Cool - glad you've got into riding good and proper!

We'll see you Thursday!  We usually make a specific post on the day to see who's coming along but regardless, the usual meeting spot is at the blackpill side of the clyne cycle track near the wooden clyne valley sign at 19:15.  Or on a good day some of us skip the meeting point and get to clyne early to have more time on the trails.  If we do that you can find us on the closest trail to the left of the pond if you're coming up the cycle track from blackpill.
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells

wonkle

• Weaner
  • Ride and race DH
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 07:08:17 PM »
Welcome.
It's a good thing to have take over your life.

See you out there when I get less lazy.
Riding bikes and having fun

Jon

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 07:53:21 PM »
Welcome to the forum, Shaun.

Yes, plenty of riding in and around Swansea - as a MTB city it is pretty much excellent. It's a pity that the sea is to the south as that restricts how much riding we've got! :)
Slower than the speed of dark

Ferrals

• Spider-pig
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2015, 08:47:24 PM »
But makes the views good!  :)

ST12

• Weaner
  • Hello!! I'm Shaun!
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2015, 10:56:28 PM »
Haha thanks for the welcome guys!! Looking forward to Thursday, let's hope the weather improves!! Though sometimes muddy days are the most fun! :)

Yes, plenty of riding in and around Swansea - as a MTB city it is pretty much excellent.

I agree Jon! I've still got so many trails to try!! I've probably not even scratched the surface!

I'm moving soon to Birchgrove, I've seen there is a couple of trails up the top end! Anyone tried these??

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 01:56:02 PM »
Shaun. not 100% sure but I suspect those trails are the ones which the guys in Three Valleys MTB Club have been riding/building. That's Lodge's shop club, I think you have to pay if you wanted to join. If you find your way around them you'll have to drag us up there and do a guided tour! ;)

Ferrals

• Spider-pig
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2015, 02:05:10 PM »
Shaun. not 100% sure but I suspect those trails are the ones which the guys in Three Valleys MTB Club have been riding/building. That's Lodge's shop club, I think you have to pay if you wanted to join. If you find your way around them you'll have to drag us up there and do a guided tour! ;)

I think the Three valleys is no longer a proper club linked to lodge, but more a loose group, or at least thats what Des was saying when i was in there around christmas time. I think they just didn't have the time to run it as a highly organised club. may have got the wrong end of the stick though.

Jon

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2015, 03:48:12 PM »

I'm moving soon to Birchgrove, I've seen there is a couple of trails up the top end! Anyone tried these??

There's a track that goes the length of Mynydd y Drummau which I ride occasionally. Old fashioned xc, but there are other tracks diving off into the woods. Probably worth a look.
Slower than the speed of dark

caf

• Wild boar
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2015, 07:55:00 PM »
I vaguely know the trail on drummau, from Bryncoch side - plenty of muddy slimmy 'downwards' tracks and some better at coping with the rain. Great views from up top.

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2015, 08:45:00 PM »

I think the Three valleys is no longer a proper club linked to lodge, but more a loose group, or at least thats what Des was saying when i was in there around christmas time. I think they just didn't have the time to run it as a highly organised club. may have got the wrong end of the stick though.

Sounds plausible Iain. I'd got the impression it'd gone quiet. They were British Cycling affiliated I think. They probably got weighed down by the tsunami of bureaucracy!  :D

ST12

• Weaner
  • Hello!! I'm Shaun!
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2015, 11:09:50 PM »
This looks like the ones! They will be really near by so will have to get out and try them! :-)

http://m.trailforks.com/trails/meat-and-two-veg-28885/

The Glais Gobbler!! Haha.

caf

• Wild boar
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2015, 11:26:53 PM »
I've walked the 'B Line' a fair few times, occasionally seen cyclists on there.

Richardgarner1

• Spider-pig
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2015, 02:01:25 PM »
Hi shaun,

I live just arround the corner from birchgrove, would be interested in checking a few of those trails out if u head over at some point, not sure if u have headed up kilvay yet but son fun stuff up there too