Author Topic: Re-Introduction  (Read 1271 times)

Matty

• Shoat
Re-Introduction
« on: November 07, 2014, 01:14:27 PM »
Hey all

I'm Matt (Matt was taken when registering so Matty it is  ;D )

I guess this is sort of a re-introduction as I used to be on here before about 3 or so years ago (forgot my log in details/email). Was at Uni for a while in Cardiff though which meant I hardly used to get out. Then my bike would have something wrong with it every single ride so that added to the not wanting to ride. Finally had enough of it last summer and decided to not fix it anymore and saved up for a new one. Hurrah

I've probably rode with a few of you before in the past (mainly Andy, Rob T and Tristan though). I used to ride a black/white Cube hardtail if that jogs any memories and mainly ride Afan, Brechfa, Clyne and Kilvey :)

Hopefully can join in some rides with you all in the future - probably not on your Thursday night ones though as I still have no lights, damn!

Jon

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
Re: Re-Introduction
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 01:32:38 PM »
If you've been here before do have to say hello again? ???  :P

Welcome back.  :)

What did you replace the Cube with?
Slower than the speed of dark

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 01:56:24 PM »
Hi Matt! If you're the Matt I think you are then yes I remember you (do I get an award for the most obvious statement on the internet?!?!?  :D ). I still ride the same bike I did back then (almost) There's only a bit of it which hasn't been changed!  8)

Welcome back.

Matty

• Shoat
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 02:10:17 PM »
If you've been here before do have to say hello again? ???  :P

Welcome back.  :)

What did you replace the Cube with?

Haha - that is a fair point  :P Picked up an Orange Five. What a unbelievable difference.

Hi Matt! If you're the Matt I think you are then yes I remember you (do I get an award for the most obvious statement on the internet?!?!?  :D ). I still ride the same bike I did back then (almost) There's only a bit of it which hasn't been changed!  8)

Welcome back.

Ha. Glad to hear the bike's still riding well! Me you and Rob rode Llanwrtyd Wells before (where the most unfriendliest cafe shop owner resided) and coincidentally my bike broke there when I snapped my mech hanger and had to freewheel back to the car via road....If that's the same Matt you're thinking of anyway  ;D

wonkle

• Weaner
  • Ride and race DH
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 06:30:58 PM »
Aloha.

Welcome back to the forum. Hopefully when you sort your lights I may see you on a Thursday.
Riding bikes and having fun

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 11:28:56 PM »

Ha. Glad to hear the bike's still riding well! Me you and Rob rode Llanwrtyd Wells before (where the most unfriendliest cafe shop owner resided) and coincidentally my bike broke there when I snapped my mech hanger and had to freewheel back to the car via road....If that's the same Matt you're thinking of anyway  ;D
Yes, one in the same :D I remember that ride well. That ride went down in history for its cafe visit and that miserable cow! You know, they now run an entire winter XC racing series in that trail centre!!!!  :o ???   

Tristan

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2014, 10:07:49 AM »
Hey Matt, welcome back.  A few of us have got the cheap chinese lights lately.  Solarstorm X2 or something similar.  Very cheap and not terrible quality.  If you want to take up nightriding they're a good place to start.
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells

Jon

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2014, 02:20:27 PM »
Picked up an Orange Five. What a unbelievable difference.

8)

Welcome to the single pivot club, you'll never go back to the devil's work of multi-pivot nonsense. (Until you need a new bike that is...)
Slower than the speed of dark