Author Topic: My new leg, my new life  (Read 1521 times)

markieboy

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
  • I'm hanging off the back of the bitch!
My new leg, my new life
« on: December 02, 2013, 02:47:40 PM »
I had a fitting for my prosthetic leg today and had a go of walking on it.
It was good, but my knee hurt after not taking any weight for three months. Walking on a prosthetic leg is hard work.

I should be bringing the leg home before Christmas.

Below, the Endolite DR2, fitted with my own shoe.

I liked this pic of myself casually standing as it looks normal. I haven't done normal for a while.

A Gentleman in the mountains, no matter what his means of access, should be appropriately attired at all times, specifically in a manner which befits his modesty and public decency.

Steve ;)

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
  • Pinkbike : Angus-4 ..... Instagram ANGUS27
Re: My new leg, my new life
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 02:57:20 PM »
Looking good Mr M !
Planning on living forever .... So far so good !!

Paul

• Spider-pig
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 04:38:23 PM »
I haven't met you! but you've got my utmost respect for getting on with things.good luck and hope to see you out on the bikes in the coming year!  :)
You only need two tools in life - wd-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the wd-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 04:47:47 PM »
You've answered my question on FB. The pain I suppose is to be expected. I'm sure it'll all get easier with practice as you improve your technique and regain some strength. Most excellent 8)

Tristan

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 06:43:52 PM »
Sweet!  Sounds like you're getting there and taking the leg back will make a nice christmas present!

You look like you're ready to prop up bars the world over in that pic too and that's gotta be a good thing!
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells

Bils

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
  • Dig for Victory
    • Clyne Riders
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 11:26:14 PM »
Excellent news Chopper.
It's hardly surprising that yr knee hurts and it difficult, simply not using it for 3 months would do that without everything else.
Hope to see you walking out sometime soon.
Maybe, just maybe, one bike isn't enough after all

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 12:10:09 AM »

I liked this pic of myself casually standing as it looks normal. I haven't done normal for a while.

Mark, I've just realised what you're doing - standing admiring your willy warmer drying on the hand rail! A great day! ;)