Author Topic: Window shopping for feet  (Read 6808 times)

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
Re: Window shopping for feet
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2014, 11:27:50 PM »
Looks like a quality bit of engineering 8)  Like Steve  says, hopefully the leg man's pulled a blinder  ;) Quite some wait though, is that the best they can do or is that time you need for medical reasons?

Tristan

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2014, 01:47:08 AM »
You don't want the XC, everybody knows that Enduro is where it's at now!

I'm not really sure what the toe and heel split does for it?
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells

markieboy

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
  • I'm hanging off the back of the bitch!
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2014, 07:38:09 PM »
The split makes the foot more complaint on uneven ground, allows the foot to flex giving sideways movement like having an ankle.
I deliberately made no comment. about the XC prefix to see who would be first, congratulations Tris.
Andy, we're going to wait until summer so my stump will be more shrunk, as I'll be using a different method to attach the leg, or suspension as they call it. Stumpy needs to be a bit more stable for it to work.
A Gentleman in the mountains, no matter what his means of access, should be appropriately attired at all times, specifically in a manner which befits his modesty and public decency.

Steve ;)

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
  • Pinkbike : Angus-4 ..... Instagram ANGUS27
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2014, 10:02:05 PM »
I went to my leg shop today for a re fit, and we discussed what I would be getting for my foot upgrade. My prosthetist completely out trumped the models I've been looking at with this. German engineering, two levels of vertical shock absorption, split toe and heel, torsion compliance. The clinic can get it on a 60 day no quibble trial, if I don't like it they'll take it back.

I'll be getting this in the summer. The Ossur Vari Flex XC rotate.

Do I spy a Camel Toe there  ;D :o ;D

Please don't say it'd called the Camel Toe Foot  :-X....... Say no more  ;)
Planning on living forever .... So far so good !!

markieboy

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
  • I'm hanging off the back of the bitch!
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2014, 01:32:20 AM »
It's ok, I'll just avoid wearing tight jeans and leggings, then no one will see my mangina.

Sent from my macordiophone with some sort of gubbins

A Gentleman in the mountains, no matter what his means of access, should be appropriately attired at all times, specifically in a manner which befits his modesty and public decency.

Tristan

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2014, 09:05:58 AM »
Haha, great. Do I get a prize? I'd hope the good money was always on me spotting it anyways!
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells