Author Topic: Magnetic pedals project  (Read 3343 times)

markieboy

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
  • I'm hanging off the back of the bitch!
Re: Magnetic pedals project
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2013, 12:06:46 AM »
Shoes and pedals have been acquired, I'm using 5.10 hellcats and 2009 crank brothers mallet 2 pedals. When the pedals arrive, we'll measure up and spec the magnets. The clippy spring will be removed from the pedal and replaced with a magnet either side.
A Gentleman in the mountains, no matter what his means of access, should be appropriately attired at all times, specifically in a manner which befits his modesty and public decency.

markieboy

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
  • I'm hanging off the back of the bitch!
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2014, 12:08:57 AM »
I finally mocked up a prototype. The magnet is a bit weak, but is working for what I want the pedal to do, which is to guide my foot into the right position, the pins and shoes give all the grip I need.

I've glued a steel plate into the sole of a skate shoe. The glue will take 24 hours to cure, so I mocked this up to test the magnets in the interim. Classy workmanship I think you'll agree.

A Gentleman in the mountains, no matter what his means of access, should be appropriately attired at all times, specifically in a manner which befits his modesty and public decency.

Steve ;)

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
  • Pinkbike : Angus-4 ..... Instagram ANGUS27
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2014, 06:29:49 AM »
Looking good mate !
Come up Clyne today as there's a load of pigs up there and it'll be great to see you mate :)
Planning on living forever .... So far so good !!