Author Topic: Show us your crash...  (Read 5835 times)

domparkes

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
  • Save your pennies for the shiny stuff!
    • Grass Roots Cycling
Show us your crash...
« on: September 24, 2012, 03:20:39 PM »
Some may recall Scarletmeister (Daz) mentioning his mate Dave's high speed crash on Millers. I came across it the other day on Youtube - looks pretty horrendous  :o:

Clyne mtb swansea. Daves face plant down clyne

On a related note, I see Pilau's edit of Brendan's Snowdon crash has now topped 500 views and attracts advertising - I hope they're paying you Brendan/Andy!
  www.grassrootscycling.co.uk | Cycling essentials at sensible prices

Jon

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
Re: Show us your crash...
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 04:07:04 PM »
No video of it, but....

First corner of the cyclocross race yesterday took us up a steep grassy bank which was almost slick because of the rain. Over 70 racers headed towards it at full speed. My momentum took me up to the top where I was stopped because the rider in front of me stalled. Then I got hit from my left, throwing me sideways, clipped in, straight back down the bank on my back attached to the bike which swung around my feet in the air. I picked myself up when I stopped at the foot of the bank to find I'd wiped out about 6 other riders, just like tenpins....

I started again, in exactly last place.
Slower than the speed of dark

Tristan

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 05:55:17 PM »
First corner of the cyclocross race yesterday took us up a steep grassy bank which was almost slick because of the rain. Over 70 racers headed towards it at full speed. My momentum took me up to the top where I was stopped because the rider in front of me stalled. Then I got hit from my left, throwing me sideways, clipped in, straight back down the bank on my back attached to the bike which swung around my feet in the air. I picked myself up when I stopped at the foot of the bank to find I'd wiped out about 6 other riders, just like tenpins....

Lol.  Well if you will ride cyclocross..!
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells

Brendawg

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
  • Where's my rock/ sledgehammer?
    • That crash from Snowdon
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 09:05:35 PM »
For those who haven't seen it;

Brendan crashing on the Rangers track on Snowdon

Enjoy
The fleet;
2012 Orange Five
DMR Drone of unknown vintage - The Stealth Bomber

Pete

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
Show us your crash...
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 11:09:53 PM »

Brendan crashing on the Rangers track on Snowdon

Enjoy

This deserves a spot alongside "Hotornot.com", "2girls 1cup", "Napster" and "Kate middletons tits" in the hallowed halls of internet legends.
Member of the "Clyne Riders: self-preservation society"

Tristan

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 12:57:16 AM »
Or even just those who have seen it but rather enjoy watching it again!
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 07:28:50 AM »
Or even just those who have seen it but rather enjoy watching it again!
:D :D :D

That one on Millers looked horrendous!!!  :( hope he was OK.

scarletmeister

• Clyne Rider *
  • Porker
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 03:14:16 PM »
surprisingly, not a spot of damage to his face, even though he wasn't wearing a full face, but he did muster 13 stitches to his calf, I presume a chain ring or pedal caused it. but the other possibility could be some blunt object in the ditch he landed in.

if you can advise me how to post a pic from my Android phone, I will do so. Nasty gash.........we all love a nice gash!

kwackers

• Porker
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 04:14:44 PM »
I know it's not a bike, but I found it amusing at the time...especially as it was my Dad's 4x4 :)

spicy 516

• Clyne Rider
  • Spider-pig
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 09:43:47 PM »
Anyone remember my doing that last summer on my hard tail ? It Was the night Craig came out taking pics at millers and muddy ercks

That crash looks worse than mine felt even though I hit the stump and twanged my wrist .

Jon

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2012, 10:15:52 PM »
Yes I was there, Chris. Straight off the jump into the undergrowth, if I remember?
Slower than the speed of dark

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2012, 10:25:09 PM »
Anyone remember my doing that last summer on my hard tail ? It Was the night Craig came out taking pics at millers and muddy ercks

That crash looks worse than mine felt even though I hit the stump and twanged my wrist .

Oh yeah I remember now. I had forgotten. Then there was Rob riding over someone's bike too in same place - that was nearly very nasty!!  ;D

Kwackers - I'll see your Disco in a puddle and raise you my Zook on its side (nearly)!  8)

Joe

• Porker
  • Crash Test Dummy
    • Grinding Gears
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2012, 11:38:33 AM »
I need to start taking a camera out, I'm always crashing and I'm sure some of them look awesome!

I did this one a good few years ago now, was out dirt jumping and I thought that using my face as landing gear would be a good idea!

If you're not falling off then you're not riding fast enough!

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2012, 08:32:18 PM »
 :o Whoa! That looks right nasty!!

spicy 516

• Clyne Rider
  • Spider-pig
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2012, 04:37:34 PM »
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Deiw2EuAgFBI&h=TAQFCcXYQ&s=1

Me at this years megavalanche Tuck and roll tuck and roll  ;D  the vid dont do the size if this rock any justice it's big believe me lolm