Author Topic: Bargain bike stuff  (Read 25721 times)

Dom

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
Re: Bargain bike stuff
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2011, 09:46:01 AM »
Nice commuter light (or helmet light alternative to Hope 1 / Joystick) at an excellent price:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Moon-X-Power-300-Lumens-Rechargeable-Front-Bike-Light-/270864911999?pt=UK_SportsLeisure_Cycling_Bike_Lights&hash=item3f10ce8e7f

Just received mine*, quality product, comes with bar and helmet mount, USB or wall charger (Li Ion), single cree xpg, claimed 300 lumens (pass the salt), really neat bit of kit for the money (42) I think. RRP is about 90 and I would say that's about right comparing it with competition from Lezeyne etc. Comes in a very smart box!

Yes yes I know I know, Magicshine, DX, Tesco, etc brighter than the sun for 10p, etc etc - but I think this is a nice well made little light and a steal at this price. Makes a nice change to get a bargain from Wheelies too (IMO).

Looking forward to testing it on my way home tonight.

Added post-testing: Very pleased with this, it's extremely bright and gives good usable light. Superb for commuting, also used it for an off-road ride and it really wasn't bad at all. Burn time on max is quite short, but did fine for a 3 hour ride with a bit of battery management (ie turn it off when stopped). Helmet mount looks nice, but see my comments below re. the difference between xp300 (mine) and xpower 300 as it may actually be the case that the latter doesn't include the helmet mount - check before buying if this matters to you

Dom

* Mine is actually the 'xp300' rather than the 'xpower 300', but I'm fairly sure the only difference is that the xp is all black. The spec appears otherwise the same

« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 10:34:24 AM by Dom »
Mariner.

markieboy

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
  • I'm hanging off the back of the bitch!
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2011, 09:46:19 AM »
Five Ten Freerider UK7 £54.40 including shipping.
www.ebay.co.uk/stickyshoes

This trader has lots of decent second hand parts too, worth a browse.

These have gone now.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 08:17:13 PM by маякіевоу »
A Gentleman in the mountains, no matter what his means of access, should be appropriately attired at all times, specifically in a manner which befits his modesty and public decency.

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2011, 10:30:32 AM »
A very decent price  :) but they do rather look like golfing shoes!  :-[ At least you'll be properly attired Mark!  ;)

markieboy

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2011, 02:41:57 AM »
A very decent price  :) but they do rather look like golfing shoes!  :-[ At least you'll be properly attired Mark!  ;)
I think they look more like classic Nike Jordans from 1986.
A Gentleman in the mountains, no matter what his means of access, should be appropriately attired at all times, specifically in a manner which befits his modesty and public decency.

Joshtp

• Clyne Rider
  • Spider-pig
  • bike monkey
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2011, 10:42:36 AM »
I like the FR bugendy. Very cool IMO. And I AM young and "hip" so I should know...  8) then again, I am the only 16 YO I know that wears cords, so....  ;D
Tubeless is great... I never get punctures...

Tssssssssss. Oh crap.

Just too SicK-Rad-GNAR to deal with...

Tristan

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2011, 06:51:08 PM »
And I AM young and "hip" so I should know...
1 out of 2 aint bad!
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells

Joshtp

• Clyne Rider
  • Spider-pig
  • bike monkey
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2011, 08:39:53 AM »
 ;D
Tubeless is great... I never get punctures...

Tssssssssss. Oh crap.

Just too SicK-Rad-GNAR to deal with...

Pete

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2011, 03:20:26 PM »
These brakes seem heavily discounted...any good you think?

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/BCAVXX/avid_xx_disc_brake

Member of the "Clyne Riders: self-preservation society"

AndyL

• Wild boar
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2011, 05:35:21 PM »
They look awesome!

Jon

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2011, 05:42:26 PM »
These brakes seem heavily discounted...any good you think?

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/BCAVXX/avid_xx_disc_brake

These are slightly upgraded versions of the brakes I have on my HT - (for the life of me I can't remember which Elixirs I have* but they were heavily discounted top of the range, two years ago!!).

And yes they are very good. Excellent stopping power, no fuss when fitting pads. I did have a problem with the pad adjustor which was easy enough to sort, and since then I've needed to do absolutely nothing to them

Recommended, but I'd if it was my money I'd go for the Elixir 7s at 160 for both front and back.
 http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/Bike+Shop/MTB++Parts/Brakes/Disc+Brakes/Sram++Avid+Disc+Brakes/Avid+Elixir+7+Alloy+Disc+Brakes+-+Front++Rear+Set_AVID-ELIXIR-7-ALLOY.htm

(Elixir CRs, just remembered.)
Slower than the speed of dark

Pete

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2011, 06:06:40 PM »
Yeh I've got an elixir r on the front of my hardtail. It's great, but on the back is an old juicy 3, which works well. Dunno if I can justify the upgrade!!
Member of the "Clyne Riders: self-preservation society"

AndyL

• Wild boar
« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2011, 06:20:07 PM »
Yeh I've got an elixir r on the front of my hardtail. It's great, but on the back is an old juicy 3, which works well. Dunno if I can justify the upgrade!!

Slade say you can!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG4BPNvayWo

It's Christmas!!!!

spicy 516

• Clyne Rider
  • Spider-pig
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2012, 01:44:08 PM »
Stanley mini hex & socket set from B&Q can't find a link sorry . The tool was on sale 20 reduced to 7.

The tool consists of the following .

2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5mm.

5mm slot head.

phillips 2.

7, 8, 9, 10mm 1/4 drive sockets

All that forr 7 cant be bad can it ?

markieboy

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2012, 12:25:40 AM »
Continental Rubber Queen 2.2, 16 in Tredz Swansea.

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2012, 07:29:51 AM »
If you're after a DH front tyre - this seems like a good price for a 2.35 Maxxis Minion dual ply super tacky front tyre. I was looking for the MaxxPro  when I came across this I reckon the super tacky might be a bit too draggy for general trail riding though.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=4620