Author Topic: Bargain bike stuff  (Read 24440 times)

Dom

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
Re: Bargain bike stuff
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2011, 11:09:49 AM »
I was looking to see what my Pitch might fetch second hand and came across this. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Specialized-PITCH-PRO-hardly-used-save-my-expense-Mountain-downhill-/110783538784?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item19cb36a660 Veritable bargain IMHO. Looks mint. The guy sounds a bit whacked out - Check out his "Why would you by my bike?" section - amusing!!  :D

He's made two big ebay errors IMO.

1. Local delivery only. COME ON!!! It's really not difficult or expensive to send a bike anywhere in the UK.

2. High starting price. There's nothing like a 99p start with no reserve to get people sucked in. Trust me.

Some more pics embedded in his description to break up the text wouldn't have gone amiss either.

The Pitch is sooo well rated I think you'd get decent money for yours Andy. Then you could buy... A Marin Attack Trail - you know you want to!
Mariner.

AndyL

• Wild boar
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2011, 04:11:09 PM »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-DRIFT-HD170-STEALTH-HELMET-ACTION-CAMERA-FULL-1080P-/110780198995?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_Video_Camcorders&hash=item19cb03b053#ht_4127wt_1139

I think there is no need now to purchase substandard cameras, at this price I just had to have one!!!

;)

I also got a 32Gb sd card (class 10) for about 15 quid!

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2011, 06:09:21 PM »

The Pitch is sooo well rated I think you'd get decent money for yours Andy. Then you could buy... A Marin Attack Trail - you know you want to!
Nah mine's looking VERY second hand now. I do feel the need to try something different. Yeah I could buy that Pitch and it'd be a very economical way to set me up with pretty much a fully ready to go bike again. But it'd end up with me having the same bike effectively for 5 years or more. If I do change it must be something different.

Tristan

• Clyne Rider *
  • Wild boar
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2011, 06:26:09 PM »
Where?
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells

AndyL

• Wild boar
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2011, 10:54:54 PM »

cas_uk

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2011, 07:15:02 PM »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-DRIFT-HD170-STEALTH-HELMET-ACTION-CAMERA-FULL-1080P-/110780198995?pt=UK_AudioTVElectronics_Video_Camcorders&hash=item19cb03b053#ht_4127wt_1139

I think there is no need now to purchase substandard cameras, at this price I just had to have one!!!

;)

I have to say Ive jst watched a few youtube vids n that on this drift hd170....and i think i want one too ;D

130quid is damn good price too

AndyL

• Wild boar
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2011, 07:31:34 PM »
It is excellent so far! I cant wait to get it out in the light. I was impressed that it picked anything up at all on Thursday night TBH but it did, the only thing that spoilt the experience was the lens needed to be turned 90 degrees. Other than that quality was superb!

I'll be filming as much of the DH on Sunday using 1080p 25 fps and that will show any flaws I think!

;D

cas_uk

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2011, 08:10:45 PM »
It is excellent so far! I cant wait to get it out in the light. I was impressed that it picked anything up at all on Thursday night TBH but it did, the only thing that spoilt the experience was the lens needed to be turned 90 degrees. Other than that quality was superb!

I'll be filming as much of the DH on Sunday using 1080p 25 fps and that will show any flaws I think!

;D

30fps would be better wouldnt it or are you hoping the lower fps rate will yeald more battery life?

cas_uk

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2011, 08:27:40 PM »
can you chest mount it?

AndyL

• Wild boar
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2011, 08:35:50 PM »
can you chest mount it?

Unfortunately not as the lens is pointing from one end so that would make it quite difficult and cumbersome.

;D

30fps would be better wouldnt it or are you hoping the lower fps rate will yeald more battery life?

The filmmaking industry has embraced 1080p24 (i.e., 1080p displayed at 24 frames per second) as a digital mastering format in both native 24p form and in 24PsF form. 1080p24 has become an established production standard for digital cinematography and there is plenty of equipment capable of capturing and processing 1080p24 signals. This may be the first universal video standard, transcending continental boundaries, putting it in a category with 24-frame film

Is where I am kinda looking, I'm not sure if it will enhance battery life but if it's good for the industry it's good for me lol ;)

Whether any of it applies at all to this type of equipment is something I am yet to discover! :)

cas_uk

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2011, 03:20:07 PM »
can you chest mount it?

Unfortunately not as the lens is pointing from one end so that would make it quite difficult and cumbersome.

;D

The filmmaking industry has embraced 1080p24 (i.e., 1080p displayed at 24 frames per second) as a digital mastering format in both native 24p form and in 24PsF form. 1080p24 has become an established production standard for digital cinematography and there is plenty of equipment capable of capturing and processing 1080p24 signals. This may be the first universal video standard, transcending continental boundaries, putting it in a category with 24-frame film

Is where I am kinda looking, I'm not sure if it will enhance battery life but if it's good for the industry it's good for me lol ;)

Whether any of it applies at all to this type of equipment is something I am yet to discover! :)

Well explained thanks

AndyL

• Wild boar
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2011, 11:23:24 PM »
Makes no flipping difference how good the camera is if Windows Live Movie Maker does not function correctly! I need a better software program!!!!!

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2011, 12:56:08 AM »
can you chest mount it?

;D

Well explained thanks
Good ole Wikipedia eh?!

Is that camera waterproof? It just got some good press in the motorsports press.

AndyL

• Wild boar
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2011, 08:59:32 AM »
I love Wiki! It is waterproof to 0.5M but you can purchase a waterproof device for it! If you are looking for a waterproof device then the Oregon Scientific is waterproof to 20M, has gps, software and a G meter.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oregon-Scientific-ATC9K-HDAction-Camera-INC-GPS-unit-/260886693053?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_DigitalCameras_DigitalCameras_JN&hash=item3cbe0f04bd#ht_2215wt_905

That was a non Wiki post brought to YOU using my wording lol  ;D

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2011, 09:31:00 AM »
I love Wiki! It is waterproof to 0.5M but you can purchase a waterproof device for it! If you are looking for a waterproof device then the Oregon Scientific is waterproof to 20M, has gps, software and a G meter.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oregon-Scientific-ATC9K-HDAction-Camera-INC-GPS-unit-/260886693053?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_DigitalCameras_DigitalCameras_JN&hash=item3cbe0f04bd#ht_2215wt_905

That was a non Wiki post brought to YOU using my wording lol  ;D

Haha!  :D I'm not buying a camera from someone who says it has 5 Maga pixels!