Author Topic: Kona Mash up 13th June  (Read 6241 times)

Bils

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
  • Dig for Victory
    • Clyne Riders
Kona Mash up 13th June
« on: May 16, 2009, 01:11:03 PM »
Any one entering the Mash up in Glyncorrwg on 13th June?
http://konaworld.uk.com/mash-up/index.php
Last years event was very good and with the timing now (hopefully) sorted this year should be even better
I'm not sure if I'll be fit enough in time but if I am I'll make a last minute entry.
Maybe, just maybe, one bike isn't enough after all

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
Re: Kona Mash up 13th June
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 02:01:14 PM »
Thinking about it Bils. I won't be quick compared to some of the guys I've seen. However, will I embarrass myself with my slowness !!  :D  I'don't mind propping up the bottom of the leaderboard I just don't want to be hanging off the bottom of it!!  ;D  Food for thought.

Bils

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
  • Dig for Victory
    • Clyne Riders
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 06:28:54 PM »
Thinking about it Bils. I won't be quick compared to some of the guys I've seen. However, will I embarrass myself with my slowness !!  :D  I'don't mind propping up the bottom of the leaderboard I just don't want to be hanging off the bottom of it!!  ;D 
I wouldn't worry about the compettative side of the event too much. It's worth going just for the atmosphere
Food for thought.
There will be cake at the top of the climb  ;D
« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 10:09:49 AM by Bils »
Maybe, just maybe, one bike isn't enough after all

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 12:33:21 AM »
There will be cake at the top of the climb  ;D

I'm in!!!  ;D   :-*

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 02:26:46 PM »
Yea, was an amazing event last year, hopefully will have a slightly better working bike this year too (and a dual ply back tyre should hopefully help keep punctures down too)!  Just filled in my app form.  Will be writing a cheque and sending it off tomorrow.  Anyone camping up for the event too?
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells (possibly)

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 10:09:09 PM »
Anyone camping it up for the event too?

So, what you planning Tristan!? Maybe a pink jersey? Perhaps some leather chaps, they're pretty camp? Or a nice feathery boa? ooh and you so must put feathers in your helmet! Hook a hand bag over your handlebars and stick your camelbak bladder in it!!

:D  ;D

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 10:11:02 AM »
Everyone's a comedian...

...although a few feathers in my helmet doesn't sound to bad an idea!

Remind me not to offer to share a tent with you though.
Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race - H G Wells (possibly)

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 01:16:51 PM »
Everyone's a comedian...

...although a few feathers in my helmet doesn't sound to bad an idea!

Remind me not to offer to share a tent with you though.

HAHA!!   :D 

But, I'm not the one with feathers in his helmet!!!  :P    ;)

markieboy

• Clyne Rider
  • Wild boar
  • I'm hanging off the back of the bitch!
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 10:18:04 PM »
Thinking about it Bils. I won't be quick compared to some of the guys I've seen. However, will I embarrass myself with my slowness !!  :D  I'don't mind propping up the bottom of the leaderboard I just don't want to be hanging off the bottom of it!!  ;D  Food for thought.

Donít worry about it, the guys in Skyliner Cycles set bogus times last year on BMXs and commuter bikes, so that no one had the worst time.
I would enter this one, but I have a needy hormonal monster to feed. I may enter the December event.
A Gentleman in the mountains, no matter what his means of access, should be appropriately attired at all times, specifically in a manner which befits his modesty and public decency.

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2009, 11:20:54 PM »

Don’t worry about it, the guys in Skyliner Cycles set bogus times last year on BMXs and commuter bikes, so that no one had the worst time.

:( Oh no that just made me feel a whole load worse!  I never timed myself until the day I wiped out on Energy. Then I had a GPS on me. When I checked the time through Darkside I took about 12mins. That was free wheeling through because me and my bike were wrecked!! I figured I could easily knock some minutes of that if I was pushing and would be just off the bottom of the table. Now it sounds like the BMX's and commuters might be the only things behind me!!!  :-[  Hmmm!  ;)

tom

• Clyne Rider
  • Piglet
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 10:56:16 AM »
i get back 2 days before, but ive entered so will be doing it, haha see u there

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2009, 02:24:00 PM »
I'm In. Just put my entry in. I wanted to time myself and make sure I wasn't going to be the embarassing one running BEHIND the commuter bikes!! LMAO!   :D

Incidentally, I put the club name on the entry (MTB Pigs).

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2009, 05:16:35 PM »
Yea, likewise with the club name on the app form.

Haven't timed myself, think that's the point of going to the event.  They do it for you! Will be up for making a trip up there at somepoint though to get some practice in (and see if can find a good line down the black).

Will be camping up Saturday too, think the campsite is full but they're doling out spaces in the rugby pitch for a £5er a head.

See y'all there.

Pilau

• Administrator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2009, 02:19:53 PM »
Tristan - check out the results you got reclassified (as did Gwil and Kate) Well done everyone!!!  ;D  Good Pigs result I'd say!!

Tristan

• Global Moderator
  • Wild boar
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2009, 06:58:16 PM »
Gwil?  You mean Scott i think!  lol

Yea, re-classified times aint too bad after all.  Wonder if my black run time was for the 1st run or 2nd cos 1st run didnt beep but thought i did a crap run for the second..  Wish had managed a clean run of Darkside too, could've broke into the top twenty! 

After the confusion of the event, we all seem to have done pretty well!  Might think about the one in december now too..